Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Applying bio wash to roof

Klean

Hi ..

i have a customer that wants he’s roof cleaned, so I have bought the scrapers that attaches to my water fed poles. I don’t won’t to use my van set up and mess up my tank. So I have a backpack pump. You think would be good to add bio wash at the right mix and apply from this? Not done any soft washing yet, but got an idea about it. 

Hi ..

i have a customer that wants he’s roof cleaned, so I have bought the scrapers that attaches to my water fed poles. I don’t won’t to use my van set up and mess up my tank. So I have a backpack pump. You think would be good to add bio wash at the right mix and apply from this? Not done any soft washing yet, but got an idea about it. 
Yes you can it will work well we use back packs for bio and softwashing with hypo ,just flush it through with water after .

Yes you can it will work well we use back packs for bio and softwashing with hypo ,just flush it through with water after .
Thats great, as ive just bought a load of backpacks etc, how long does the backpack last with bio cleanze mixture at the right amount- intill you have to refill and go again ? 

will 22l go far ? 

Also do you usually access from ladders or scaffolding tower? 

cheeers

Thats great, as ive just bought a load of backpacks etc, how long does the backpack last with bio cleanze mixture at the right amount- intill you have to refill and go again ? 

will 22l go far ? 

Also do you usually access from ladders or scaffolding tower? 

cheeers
We will only work of scaffolding or scaffold tower , doing it off a ladder I feel is it dangerous especially when you employ , risk assessment would dictate that a ladder would not be safe . 

As for how long it lasts I have one guy re filling whilst Ime applying it , but it gives a reasonable area start at the ridge line and let it run down the roof . 

We will only work of scaffolding or scaffold tower , doing it off a ladder I feel is it dangerous especially when you employ , risk assessment would dictate that a ladder would not be safe . 

As for how long it lasts I have one guy re filling whilst Ime applying it , but it gives a reasonable area start at the ridge line and let it run down the roof . 
I used to do all work like that off ladders but since my 2nd bad fall just before xmas and still having 2 deformed fingers from it it would be scaffolding or nothing.

Do you rent scaffolding or have you bought it? 

Thinking of a 4m tower for general domestic houses.

Do you rent scaffolding or have you bought it? 

Thinking of a 4m tower for general domestic houses.

I hire it and get it delivered to the property , I haven’t got the room in the van to carry it + with employees a record of safety testing needs  to be kept , when you hire it you don't have to worry about that as it’s already done , we just turn up and it’s there ready to put up we do the job take it down it gets collected it’s nice and easy , we use a local hire firm and get very good rates I tell the customer the price for  the job is xxx + scaffold tower hire of xxx most accept it’s nessasery those that don’t want to Pay we won’t take on . 

Back