Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

what ppm figures are you getting?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

garryh69

Just checked my filters and noticed something wierd, my tap water goes into my pre-filters at 79ppm and comes out at 89ppm after running about 30 mins, it then goes into my RO at 89ppm comes out at 9ppm. lastly into my DI resin at 9ppm out at 0ppm.

Is it normal for the water to come out of the pre-filters higher than it went in? can i do away with my pre-filters?

TIA

Your prefilters are knackered. Change all 3 before it kills a membrane. It could only be one filter but if they are the usual 10" ones they cheap as anything.

Just checked my filters and noticed something wierd, my tap water goes into my pre-filters at 79ppm and comes out at 89ppm after running about 30 mins, it then goes into my RO at 89ppm comes out at 9ppm. lastly into my DI resin at 9ppm out at 0ppm.

Is it normal for the water to come out of the pre-filters higher than it went in? can i do away with my pre-filters?

TIA
The pre filters don’t lower the TDS, they protect the membrane from sediment and chlorine. So no don’t do away with them. Otherwise you will need a new membrane much quicker. 

Back