Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Flat surface cleaner

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Incheck

Hi guys i know its been covered before but it was a while ago now! Can anyone remember why a flat surface cleaner would leave lines? Thanks

Pushing it too fast or the washer not powerful enough. Remember they half the flow and reduce the pressure because you have went from one nozzle then up to two. I tend to use a twin turbo nozzle and up the revs a bit, saves a lot of time. fwiw

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmm its always worked in the past, its only recently the problem has become evident. Admittedly both the Washer and surface cleaner Are in their 5th season, i’m walking slower than ever so as not to leave lines so its definitely not from walking to fast. Half wondering if a seal or something may have gone. I grease the head etc so its a bit of a mystery 

Hmm its always worked in the past, its only recently the problem has become evident. Admittedly both the Washer and surface cleaner Are in their 5th season, i’m walking slower than ever so as not to leave lines so its definitely not from walking to fast. Half wondering if a seal or something may have gone. I grease the head etc so its a bit of a mystery 
Could be a bit or rust build up in the arm and its got  stuck in the jet causing it not to give the correct spray pattern  that’s what happened to mine 

Could be a bit or rust build up in the arm and its got  stuck in the jet causing it not to give the correct spray pattern  that’s what happened to mine 
Sounds about right i’ll clean the jets out again see what happens! Cheers ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Tried to use mine for first time a few weeks ago and only one jet working and wasn't spinning. It was dirt in one of the nozzles, all I did was clear it out with a needle rather than dismantle the jet. Working fine now, so it could be because its been lying idle for months and rust, dirt has fallen to low point and stuck there.

It was indeed rust ? just cleaned it all out working fine now. Thanks fella ?

Back