Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Conservatory roof cleaning

Nick772

Hi fairly new to wfp after 35yrs on the ladder been asked to clean conservatry roof not massive but very green would you just pole it or pre sray first with something

Hi fairly new to wfp after 35yrs on the ladder been asked to clean conservatry roof not massive but very green would you just pole it or pre sray first with something
Spray with a degreaser first, TFR or a different one as everyone has a favourite. Wet roof first and apply, don't apply to whole of roof if a warm day, best to do them on a damp cool day if possible.

I use biological washing powder. It's cheap and will digest 90 percent of the crud, making your life much easier. If you have lead run stains on the glass roof it won't get rid of that, or mastic.  But do the bio first, then the tfr as the tfr will have less of a barrier to work through to dissolve non organic matter.

As said before spray first with something tfr or upvc cleaner conservatory cleaner etc 

If customer has out side tap use tap first with your pole 

Saves on your pure water if you have limited amount of pure... if it's glass just use your pure to rinse of otherwise should be fine with tap water 

I use biological washing powder. It's cheap and will digest 90 percent of the crud, making your life much easier. If you have lead run stains on the glass roof it won't get rid of that, or mastic.  But do the bio first, then the tfr as the tfr will have less of a barrier to work through to dissolve non organic matter.
Any idea how you do get rid of lead run stains ?

That's some size conny. I'm looking at buying a Boss Clima Camlock AGR Tower 0.8m x 2.5m - 8.2m Working Height about £2800. It doesn't have ledgers or bracers because you fit a frame in which locks into place. Bought a Stihl battery chainsaw last week and this week I ordered a battery hedgecutter and battery backpack so I'm rooked. Took a 3 month mortgage holiday so I could buy more toys to play with. That conny I did today, the woman wants me to clean her windows every month at a score a time. I do a house round the corner from her so its ideal, she said they can't get windows cleaners so that's another street I need to target after the lockdown is over up here.

Latest Posts

Back