Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cooking oil spillage

Joecross89

Hi all. 

Cleaned some block paving a few weeks ago and just had a call from client, he has spilt a bottle of cooking oil on it today and his karcher is not budging it at all. 

What is best to use for when I come and fix? 

Will standard de greaser from screwfix do the trick? 

Thanks in advance. 

Hi all. 

Cleaned some block paving a few weeks ago and just had a call from client, he has spilt a bottle of cooking oil on it today and his karcher is not budging it at all. 

Thanks in advance. 
You could try the degreaser neat and brush it in but if the oil has soaked in then it looks like removing the blocks and fitting new ones.

Hi all. 

Thanks in advance. 
G

Resiblock Oil Remover - does engine oil not sure if it will do cooking oil but might be worth emailing them - bet it might - [email protected]

Edit from their website "For the removal of most oil and grease stains from paving. Simply poor on, scrub vigorously and pressure wash off" so that'll be a yes I reckon - you have to buy it direct not cheap but good stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Resiblock Oil Remover - does engine oil not sure if it will do cooking oil but might be worth emailing them - bet it might - [email protected]

Edit from their website "For the removal of most oil and grease stains from paving. Simply poor on, scrub vigorously and pressure wash off" so that'll be a yes I reckon - you have to buy it direct not cheap but good stuff
I haven’t found a product yet that will remove all traces of oil from bricks  the only way to do it is to replace the bricks if possible swap them from an area under a bush or out of sight if that’s possible 

I'll have your half used can of resiblock then! ?  (tip just flip the 'stained' blocks no need to get them from else where) 

ha ha that must west country blocks  I've done it many times ? 
Depends on the type of blocks some aren't bevelled  but most down hear are they are like engineering bricks they have a face and a back theses cannot be turned over , most mono block paths and drives we do are this design , other parts of the country may be different 

Thanks guys. 

Customer used screwfix degreaser and their little karcher in the end and is happy with the result. 

Good to know about the other products for next time. 

Might be worth Googling OT8, we had some success with this product on engine oil.
I have tried it and it did improve it  but I didn’t feel I could charge the customer as I wasn’t happy with the results there was still scarring and staining . 

I used to work in kitchens and deepio powder is amazing at cleaning up grease and oil spillages. You use it in a mop and bucket and the grease breaks down in no time. However if its soaked in to the blocks or stained them then either turning them or replacing them might be the answer

Latest Posts

Back