Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Waterworks 3D power up

Den

Changed over from HD power up to 3D power up today,  only cleaned my own windows so far and I likely ? will get a proper testing from Monday but only heard positives from other users ( apart from my minor issue) that Jordan sorted immediately ? Also a big thank you from Emma and Jordan at waterworks for excellent customer service even though I purchased the reel from WCW. Jordan explained in detail how to change the coupling out and receive the new part 0800 the following morning. 

Day one of use, like the 3D power up it’s quiet a little slower than my HD power up,  works well and happy with it so far ?

Day one of use, like the 3D power up it’s quiet a little slower than my HD power up,  works well and happy with it so far ?
I agree it is slower , I was reading somewhere about converting them to 24 volt ?... to make them faster , I have no idear what’s needed or how it would work but know a man that would know so might ask him about it , I also find the 3 d anti snag is a lot less than the hd where the hd  would pull hose round a corner the 3 d won’t , it’s not a major problem but would be good if it was the same when I have 5 muinits j will give Jordan a ring and see what he has to say about it .

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree it is slower , I was reading somewhere about converting them to 24 volt ?... to make them faster , I have no idear what’s needed or how it would work but know a man that would know so might ask him about it , I also find the 3 d anti snag is a lot less than the hd where the hd  would pull hose round a corner the 3 d won’t , it’s not a major problem but would be good if it was the same when I have 5 muinits j will give Jordan a ring and see what he has to say about it .
I think my 3D as a 24v motor? I’m sure that’s what I read on the motor before I installed. ?

I think my 3D as a 24v motor? I’m sure that’s what I read on the motor before I installed. ?
Should have spent a few extra quid and bought a proper reel from Pure Freedom. Mines a year old and no problems. Got the speed setting at 75 as 99 is to fast ?

Should have spent a few extra quid and bought a proper reel from Pure Freedom. Mines a year old and no problems. Got the speed setting at 75 as 99 is to fast ?
Didn’t say it was slow ? it’s  just not super mad fast like my 4 year old original HD that still works perfect ? the 3D is still slightly faster than my other HD power up ?

Yes the PF are only £40 more but you wouldn’t see a baldy use one ?

Lol no thanks not after buying two from them both faulty will never deal with them again , nice product but very poorly put together , and wired up wrong anti snag so sensitive wouldn’t even pull hose onto the reel , ordered stainless steel and paid for that and got powder coated , pure freedom are a totally incompetent firm don't return phone calls either when you are looking at spending large sums of money , all my dealing with them have been extremely poor experience, I know others have had good service but that’s not my experience after trying to deal with them on around , six or so occasions, never again Shame really as there manual reels are good .

Didn’t say it was slow ? it’s  just not super mad fast like my 4 year old original HD that still works perfect ? the 3D is still slightly faster than my other HD power up ?

Yes the PF are only £40 more but you wouldn’t see a baldy use one ?
Pure freedom reels are a lot more than £40 dearer than waterworks . 

@Den having just looked a pure freedoms pricing I apologise you are right , have they reduced there prices ?. The reels I ordered for two it was over £1600  ?. I got my 3D reeks at the cheaper introductory price . 

@Den having just looked a pure freedoms pricing I apologise you are right , have they reduced there prices ?. The reels I ordered for two it was over £1600  ?. I got my 3D reeks at the cheaper introductory price . 
Me too ?

I'm was looking at the pure freedom reel yesterday as the power up 3d is out of stock wcw and waterworks 

I'll only be using it a hand full of times each month as only use for hard to reach windows 

Do any other company's make a electric reel? also which one is the best? 

I'm was looking at the pure freedom reel yesterday as the power up 3d is out of stock wcw and waterworks 

I'll only be using it a hand full of times each month as only use for hard to reach windows 

I would say keep your money no point spending over £400 if aren't fully wfp 

Power up Hd is a good reel also ?

I've just placed my order for a powerupHD (I was looking at the 3D but it has a larger footprint and won't fit into the back of my Peugeot Partner, just as well I checked) 

Anyway, at Window cleaning warehouse they are £438.84 all in and at Waterworks they are £492.00 so obviously gone for the former and hope they are all they're cracked up to be!

Hi all looking at buying the water works 3d reel. 

Does it come with all the guts in the centre to connect to the wfp hose?

How are you finding the battery life when using over a few days or so.

When reeling it do you press and hold the button constantly till it's in?

Thanks in advance

Hi all looking at buying the water works 3d reel. 

Does it come with all the guts in the centre to connect to the wfp hose?

How are you finding the battery life when using over a few days or so.

When reeling it do you press and hold the button constantly till it's in?

Thanks in advance
Yes just tell them what hose and fittings you need on it , you can blip the wind in button or keep pushing it , battery life will depend on the battery size and state , but we notice no difference in using electric reels 

Thanks mate sorry  I meant the hose reel part is it called a manifold? So beginning bit of the hose now the bit that connects to pole end. 

Thanks mate sorry  I meant the hose reel part is it called a manifold? So beginning bit of the hose now the bit that connects to pole end. 
I know what you mean ? yes supplied with fittings to place your main hose on you just need a jubilee clip or an O clip to secure it as per usual, the elbow on the side takes 1/2" hose,be warned though when I bought my PowerUp all fittings as in bolts or screw to secure the reel in the van were not in the box,

the old pic below shows what i had to do in the back of my van due to the random raised pattern it was impossible to get the reel to sit level on the van floor, so kitchen cupboard door came in very handy also my neighbour made some feet at his work place for me and we mounted it on to the board, 

as for battery use I don't do many miles at all so don't have a split relay so my battery gets charged every night as with normal one man use of pump plus the real my battery depletes by around 50% each day. 

20190815_171638.jpg

Back