Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gutter sucker any good?

I'm getting my first gutter machine got about a grand to spend but want a recordable camera so I can promote for more work. Looking at the gutter sucker has anyone had any experience with them? 
I believe gutter sucker is owned by sky vac so guessing it should be good .

I’ve just bought the 40 foot ( the highest reach one) sky vac with camera for £800 ish , haven’t used it yet but me and my little boy have been having loads of fun with the mini cctv camera!

F0155649-1313-4FE0-9AB6-A28447D0F341.jpeg

The camera mounts on the pole in front of your face, I don’t think it needs to be recordable, I was trying to justify getting the recordable one but couldn’t come up with benefits.

its not the best quality of picture so I’d never need it to show someone .

I've got a sky vac atom with a camera vacuum itself is great find the camera is ok tend to vacuum then put the camera on at the end to check as it gets in the way while trying to vacuum. 

I only wanted recordable for advertising reason maybe I'll look at somehow attaching my go pro at a later date 
That was my thinking aswell with regards to advertising but the camera quality isn’t good enough for that, I don’t think.

I’m looking at go pros at the minute, best of using that I think 

I got recommended the apeman camera cheap and cheerful but good quality just trying to set it up now on my water fed pole before I go and buy the whole kit

I can get a gutter sucker cheaper than the atom? Both have good reviews and the sucker looks more robust plus it has 3 motors. Decisions decisions lol

I got one of these https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Campark-Action-Cam-Ultra-HD-4K-Waterproof-Sports-Camera-WiFi-Camcorder-as-Go-Pro/174109325057?epid=17034031740&_trkparms=ispr%3D1&hash=item2889b97701:g:nQoAAOSwvqhd4dkR

I’ve not had the chance to use it myself yet but it’s rated well on eBay and about £100 cheaper than anything else I’ve seen. I’m just looking now as getting a case for my phone that has legs I can wrap around the pole to hopefully keep it stable enough to look at as I vacuum the gutter. 

Hi

many on here use a gutter vac without a camera ?Ive done a few jobs without a camera but today a customer got quite irate that I didn’t have a camera to show him the end result of the clearance.
I made it clear to him before going that I didn’t have access to a camera.
Cheers

Dabber

Hi

many on here use a gutter vac without a camera ?Ive done a few jobs without a camera but today a customer got quite irate that I didn’t have a camera to show him the end result of the clearance.
I made it clear to him before going that I didn’t have access to a camera.
Cheers

Dabber
If you’re not using a camera, or going up there, how do you know it’s entirely clear? 

Agreed but you do still miss some. Nothing that will cause damage but not clean clean.
I generally put the camera up and take a look then take it off do the job and put it up again only once have I had it go over a section again , I agree with @THL4KEL after a while you can feel if it’s clear or not , having said that you don’t get the feel with the elite poles like you do with the carbon fibre tubes ones 

Thanks everyone, it’s the first time I’ve been challenged over it and although I’m confident with the use of the vac it’s like they say in the song ”the camera never lies”
I will have to get proficient with the son in laws go pro ?

Do you show the customer any footage or do they ask for it to be e- mailed etc ?
Cheers

Dabber

Do you show the customer any footage or do they ask for it to be e- mailed etc
In 5 years of doing it, and many miles of gutters cleared, I've only ever had one request that I had to email to the PM Company to show the residents. Sent them the video with the comments gutters after the clean, couldn't do a before video as there was nothing, and I mean nothing, in them ?

Back