Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

New Pressure Washer

DCDom

Hello Chaps!

Looking at buying new pressure washer and surface cleaner.

what do you recommend, ive been looking at Watertek Pro Honda GX390 15 LPM 250 Bar Mazzoni & 20" BE Stainless Steel Whirlaway with Castors and Skirt.
specs: (Rutland Pumps)

Model:  A1C000
Part Number:  P1525PHGMPU
Brand:  Watertek
Pressure:  250 bar / 3625 PSI
Flow:  15 Litres Per Minute
Engine:  Honda GX390 Recoil Start
Pump:  Mazzoni MM Series
Gearbox:  1450 Rpm gearbox drive
Dimensions mm:  L 800 W 600 H 775mm
Reel mounted to frame.
£2427
OR

Honda slipStream™ Pro 20 Pressure Washer13hp with 20" Surface Cleaner (Spinaclean)
specifications: With turbo lance and extra 10m hose.

Engine: 13 HP Honda GX 390

Litres per Minute: 15

PSI: 3625

Bar: 250

Weight: 65kg

Fuel Type: Unleaded Petrol
£2,308

By specs they look very similar, out of the two which would you guys go with ??

Cheers

I’ve just been down this road, there are loads of variations on the theme and lots of suppliers, eventually I bought a barn find Delta machine and had it serviced and updated to a custom spec based on the research I did, balanced against cost. I’m now running a Honda gx340 with a gearbox driven ws201 Interpump (200 bar/1450rpm, 15L ) fitted with an external bypass vrt3 unloader plumbed to run direct mains feed or tank pick up/return, turbo lance, BE16”whirl away,  30m hose (10+20) All fitted with QR’s,  total outlay around £1150. This set -up will easily cope with large patios/drives and commercial property cleaning.

minimum spec for commercial use Running a rotary FSC ideally would be:

11- 13hp engine

gearbox or belt drive

1450 rpm 200-250 Bar / 3-4000psi pump

15-21  l p m

The bigger flat surface cleaner you use (above 18”) you’ll need to be top end of PSI/LpM range and will need tank feed /return as mains feed will under supply above 15L pumps. JetMac have some good options/prices and deliver free but I found communication difficult during this lockdown period but probably would’ve bought if I hadn’t got lucky with the barn find.

Also worth remembering that the bigger machines need extra van space and weigh upwards of 65-70 kg of compact dead weight metal for a 1 man lift.

Briggs engines are said to be more economical and quieter but Honda will always be easier to move on when you want to upgrade and easier/cheaper to maintain. Loncin engines are a reasonable, cheaper option but resale could be more challenging.

I’ve just been down this road, there are loads of variations on the theme and lots of suppliers, eventually I bought a barn find Delta machine and had it serviced and updated to a custom spec based on the research I did, balanced against cost. I’m now running a Honda gx340 with a gearbox driven ws201 Interpump (200 bar/1450rpm, 15L ) fitted with an external bypass vrt3 unloader plumbed to run direct mains feed or tank pick up/return, turbo lance, BE16”whirl away,  30m hose (10+20) All fitted with QR’s,  total outlay around £1150. This set -up will easily cope with large patios/drives and commercial property cleaning.

11- 13hp engine

gearbox or belt drive

15-21  l p m

The bigger flat surface cleaner you use (above 18”) you’ll need to be top end of PSI/LpM range and will need tank feed /return as mains feed will under supply above 15L pumps. JetMac have some good options/prices and deliver free but I found communication difficult during this lockdown period but probably would’ve bought if I hadn’t got lucky with the barn find.

Also worth remembering that the bigger machines need extra van space and weigh upwards of 65-70 kg of compact dead weight metal for a 1 man lift.

Briggs engines are said to be more economical and quieter but Honda will always be easier to move on when you want to upgrade and easier/cheaper to maintain. Loncin engines are a reasonable, cheaper option but resale could be more challenging.
Thank you for your detailed response, after doing more research, think im going to go with rutland pumps, with this spec machine, with this spec machine is it best to have the water supply from tank/ 240ltr bin then from a mains tap?

Watertek Pro Vanguard V400 21LPM 200 Bar Mazzoni Pressure Washer

Pump Model:  Select:21 Litres Per Minute @ 200 BAR / 3000 PSI

Hose Length:  20m High Pressure Hose: £46.85

Lance One Triton:  Straight Lance Fixed Jet:  + £27.17

Lance Two Triton:  Single Turbo Lance:  + £45.07

Inlet Fittings:  Low Pressure Quick Release on Inlet and Return to Tank:  + £37.94

High Pressure Outlet Fittings:  Large Quick Release:  + £17.94

Unloader Valve Type:  Pressure SensitiveFlow Sensitive:  + £25.47

Reel Mounted to Frame:   + £250.00

Model:  A1C111
Part Number:  P2120PBGMPU
Pressure:  200 bar / 2901 PSI
Flow:  21 Litres Per Minute
Engine:  Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 400

Thank you for your detailed response, after doing more research, think im going to go with rutland pumps, with this spec machine, with this spec machine is it best to have the water supply from tank/ 240ltr bin then from a mains tap?

Watertek Pro Vanguard V400 21LPM 200 Bar Mazzoni Pressure Washer

Pump Model:  Select:21 Litres Per Minute @ 200 BAR / 3000 PSI

Hose Length:  20m High Pressure Hose: £46.85

Lance One Triton:  Straight Lance Fixed Jet:  + £27.17

Lance Two Triton:  Single Turbo Lance:  + £45.07

Inlet Fittings:  Low Pressure Quick Release on Inlet and Return to Tank:  + £37.94

High Pressure Outlet Fittings:  Large Quick Release:  + £17.94

Unloader Valve Type:  Pressure SensitiveFlow Sensitive:  + £25.47

Reel Mounted to Frame:   + £250.00

Model:  A1C111
Part Number:  P2120PBGMPU
Pressure:  200 bar / 2901 PSI
Flow:  21 Litres Per Minute
Engine:  Briggs & Stratton Vanguard 400
Yeah taps are about 5-7 litres a minute on average, your machine is 21 litres a minute. 

11- 13hp engine

gearbox or belt drive

15-21  l p m

Ive ended up buying briggs & stratton v400 E-start,14hp, 15Lpm, 250bar.

18" BE whirlaway flat surface cleaner

cant wait to give it a blast.

Ive ended up buying briggs & stratton v400 E-start,14hp, 15Lpm, 250bar.

18" BE whirlaway flat surface cleaner

cant wait to give it a blast.
After slating my 18" whirlaway i had it out today. Must admit it is great for keeping the dirt down and saves a lot of time on the cleaning up. I would just like a more powerful machine if I was to use it all the time. If business keeps going the way it is then I will be looking at getting the 350 bar at 21 lpm. ?

After slating my 18" whirlaway i had it out today. Must admit it is great for keeping the dirt down and saves a lot of time on the cleaning up. I would just like a more powerful machine if I was to use it all the time. If business keeps going the way it is then I will be looking at getting the 350 bar at 21 lpm. ?
I told you the fsc is good I use it a lot 

I'll time myself today on the fsc and on the one I made for my Falch nozzle to see if there is any difference.
Compared my fsc against my home made Falch whirlaway and the Falch won hands down. It has 4 nozzles so any weeds come out where as the 18" fsc leaves them in. I was there all day because I did the sides also but what took the time was pooling water. Cowboys did the monoblock and came back and lifted it and then relaid it but didn't use a wacker. Channels where the cars drive in, they did put a drain in but it doesn't go anywhere. I have to go back down with my wacker plate to see if I can level it , bar that I would have to fit a drain in.

ii.jpg

This has since all been returned to the supplier as it fell apart! 
very disappointed in the customer service i received.

Now looking to purchase another machine if anyone has any recommendations please!!
Speak to Ben at Rutland pumps depending what you need the Briggs and Stratton v twin is the best motor out there , far more power and half the fuel consumption of the Honda , I have had both and will never buy the Honda again , don’t  get me wrong Honda are good but it’s like comparing chalk and cheese 

I use Rutland and got the Vanguard 250bar at 21lpm which cost £2200. It's when you add all the extras that it can reach 4 grand pretty quickly. Interpump is the pump that came with it and I think its a good make. You can't really buy cheap in the Pressure-washing game or it comes back to haunt you before Halloween. ? 

Back