Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hypo alternative?

Andy's PPC

Is there a good alternative to hypo? for driveway/patio cleaning... 

It looks pretty lethal stuff if you dont have any experience with it. 

Is there a good alternative to hypo? for driveway/patio cleaning... 

It looks pretty lethal stuff if you dont have any experience with it. 
No it’s the best solution out there , hypo mix pressure wash job done the area is then sanitised and all bacteria that forms and encourages  algi , etc is killed ,if you just pressure wash it is likely to re grow faster  as some spores will remain , but you do have to be carefull  with it just doing paths and drives it will be hard to cause any damage provided you dilute it and wet down any plants and grass first. 

No it’s the best solution out there , hypo mix pressure wash job done the area is then sanitised and all bacteria that forms and encourages  algi , etc is killed ,if you just pressure wash it is likely to re grow faster  as some spores will remain , but you do have to be carefull  with it just doing paths and drives it will be hard to cause any damage provided you dilute it and wet down any plants and grass first. 
I just PW my monoblock path a few months ago and the moss have made it their home and are multiplying. Will need to get out with my hypo to try and control it.

No bio then ??? 
Come to think about it, I got 5 litres when I bought a internet pack from Bonnymans. Will try and find it in my lockup or hut. Really busy now, took yesterday off to clearout my van. I moved my PW again, this time its jammed between my bulkhead and 650l tank. My HP hose reel was pointing to my back doors so I needed to unbolt it and spin it round so its pointing out the side door. I must have moved that PW about 5 times now and hopefully that's the last. Fitted two sets of ladders on my roof rack with Rhino clamps (£42 for a Pair). I'm getting there slowly trying to have a place for everything in my van just like the fire engine. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Bio after pw can work very well but that’s as long as there no black spot you can also use sodium hydroxide but hypo is the best bet quick results easy to use and don’t be scared of it ide rather handle hypo over biocides

Back