Jump to content

decisions decisions


Recommended Posts

Morning folks, recently joined up to this site. 

Some advice needed please, I wish to add a small pole system for when I carry out end of tenancy cleans. 

I have been looking at the big boy back pack, reviews etc seem great.however i have always been told buy nice don't buy twice lol, so also looking at the facelift compact starter kit. Does the starter kit come with the purification kit too..or would I need to buy that as well, failing that, any second hand kits for sale as a package on here. 

 

thanks all 

Link to post
High-tower

First thing is to figure out your water supply. You may be able to use a spotless water station if there is one nearby, or perhaps another window cleaner who sells some. Otherwise you need to produce your own, which means knowing the TDS of your supply.

Buy a quality TDS meter from one of the suppliers and go from there.

if you are luckY and have a low TDS below 100ppm you will be able to simply use a DI vessel filled with resin to purify water. In which case the facelift compact with the DI included would be sufficient to get you going.

if your TDS is above 100ppm it’s is more economical to use a RO system. There is a lot of choice when it comes to RO systems, but there is tons of advice on here to help guide you with one that will suit your needs and budget. 

Link to post

thanks for the reply, having spoke to the neighbors and a water search, i have been told we are in a hard water area. 

just been looking at the water genie, build your own, seems to come in at £779, thats a 250 ltr tank, 300gpd ro/di, 27ft gxtel glass pole, 1 pump, 1 battery. i think this would be the set up for me, as i wouldnt be doing this daily, just occasional weekends with my tenancy cleaning, 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Dan1980 said:

thanks for the reply, having spoke to the neighbors and a water search, i have been told we are in a hard water area. 

just been looking at the water genie, build your own, seems to come in at £779, thats a 250 ltr tank, 300gpd ro/di, 27ft gxtel glass pole, 1 pump, 1 battery. i think this would be the set up for me, as i wouldnt be doing this daily, just occasional weekends with my tenancy cleaning, 

Just one recommendation. Don't get a glass fibre pole. You will almost certainly regret it. Once the gel coat wears off which doesn't take very long you'll be getting splinters in your hands, unless you always wear gloves. They are also super bendy when fully extended. Get a proven composite pole such as a CL-X from Gardiners or similar from another supplier. It will also last a lot longer. 

  • Agree 2
Link to post
6 hours ago, Dan1980 said:

Morning folks, recently joined up to this site. 

Some advice needed please, I wish to add a small pole system for when I carry out end of tenancy cleans. 

I have been looking at the big boy back pack, reviews etc seem great.however i have always been told buy nice don't buy twice lol, so also looking at the facelift compact starter kit. Does the starter kit come with the purification kit too..or would I need to buy that as well, failing that, any second hand kits for sale as a package on here. 

 

thanks all 

If you are going to buy a backpack i highly recommend gardiners.

I only use mine occasionally but the charge lasts ages.

If you are only using it occasionally why don't you get a back pack and buy your water for a while and see how you get on befor splashing out on a system you may not need.

 

Link to post
High-tower
5 hours ago, Dan1980 said:

thanks for the reply, having spoke to the neighbors and a water search, i have been told we are in a hard water area. 

just been looking at the water genie, build your own, seems to come in at £779, thats a 250 ltr tank, 300gpd ro/di, 27ft gxtel glass pole, 1 pump, 1 battery. i think this would be the set up for me, as i wouldnt be doing this daily, just occasional weekends with my tenancy cleaning, 

250 is too small, you will use quite a lot of water doing end of tenancy and one off cleans. Especially if you start doing a few fascias, or a bit cladding etc. Stretch to a 350 as a minimum, 500 is ideal.
the facelift compact is a good option as a self contained unit, although a DIY will be cheaper if you are savvy.

most on the forums will only recommend the gardiner poles, they are the best value for money. I would buy a 22 and a 35 ideally. CLX or SLX depending on your budget.

you will need an ro system to produce your water. A 4040 ro system is ideal, everything else is a compromise. The 300/450gpd might be sufficient provided you can produce the water into a storage tank, a 1000l ibc tank is ideal, but obviously you need somewhere to site it. The production from the 300/450gpd is slow, and a bit less efficient than the larger RO systems, so will cost you more in water and resin in the long run. 

A lot of the decisions come to budget, and investing now to save in the long run. 

Link to post
1 hour ago, High-tower said:

250 is too small, you will use quite a lot of water doing end of tenancy and one off cleans. Especially if you start doing a few fascias, or a bit cladding etc. Stretch to a 350 as a minimum, 500 is ideal.
the facelift compact is a good option as a self contained unit, although a DIY will be cheaper if you are savvy.

most on the forums will only recommend the gardiner poles, they are the best value for money. I would buy a 22 and a 35 ideally. CLX or SLX depending on your budget.

you will need an ro system to produce your water. A 4040 ro system is ideal, everything else is a compromise. The 300/450gpd might be sufficient provided you can produce the water into a storage tank, a 1000l ibc tank is ideal, but obviously you need somewhere to site it. The production from the 300/450gpd is slow, and a bit less efficient than the larger RO systems, so will cost you more in water and resin in the long run. 

A lot of the decisions come to budget, and investing now to save in the long run. 

Sounds complicated lol. 

I don't mind spending up to £700-1000 I guess.. but don't want to go over board as I would only be doing this occasional weekends. 

Where would be the place to get what you recommend.. I have been looking for a while and tbh quite overwhelming with the amount of equipment there is lol. 

Link to post

its probably not worth the investment in an RO and all the water purification equipment your gonna need living in a hard water area unless your doing a lot of end of tenancy cleans......so id say if you could buy your pure water from a local place for now and get yourself a cheap secondhand 500L tank,pump,controller and reel and a CLX 27 and ratchet strap it down in your van or if it comes with a cage get your local garage to bolt it through the floor assuming you have a van with a decent payload?(min 900kg)......

Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.