Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Knoxy

Cleaning Gutters And Conny Roofs With Tap Water

Knoxy

Right then I've done a few gutters and conny roofs and I have quite a few booked in the next few weeks, I've always cleaned them using pure water but I want to start doing them with tap water, do you guys use your normal pole and hose linked to a tap then flush it out at the end with pure water or do you use a different pole and hose?

rcproperty

no on conservatory roofs i aways use pure water, especiallyon the glass ones. that way it wont leave any marks when it drys like tap water would do.

rcproperty

or if they are really bad, i had one that i gave a wash down with the customers hose then washed it all again in pure water.

also not all people have outside taps, so you would still have to use your own water.

Knoxy

Yes thats what I've done a couple of times is use a customers hose then finish off with pure water.

Knoxy

If they don't have an outside tap then the price will be a bit higher ;)

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I use tap water, If it glass, I clean it with pure water but only after its been cleaned with tap water first.

mark m

I use tap water, If it glass, I clean it with pure water but only after its been cleaned with tap water first.

as above or you need to charge much much more as a good first clean on conservatory jobs you can use loads of pure water

rcproperty

as above or you need to charge much much more as a good first clean on conservatory jobs you can use loads of pure water

most of my dirty green conservatories only takes 50lts or less of pure water and about 30 minutes so dont use much at all.

mark m

most of my dirty green conservatories only takes 50lts or less of pure water and about 30 minutes so dont use much at all.

50lts of water for a consevatory clean maybe a dolls house one ,cleaning all the gazing bars, finals, glass frames or polocarbonate guttering ,down pipes, windows you are on a diffferent planet 50 lts of water lol

rcproperty

50lts of water for a consevatory clean maybe a dolls house one ,cleaning all the gazing bars, finals, glass frames or polocarbonate guttering ,down pipes, windows you are on a diffferent planet 50 lts of water lol

no its easy when you do it right get the right set up on flow and use the right gear.

and this topic is on about conservatory roofs and gutters only, no metion on down pipes and side windows! and i said 50lts on roof!

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

no its easy when you do it right get the right set up on flow and use the right gear.

and this topic is on about conservatory roofs and gutters only, no metion on down pipes and side windows! and i said 50lts on roof!

Meow!!! lol

Still 50litres on a a conservatory roof is not a lot, even with correct flow etc etc

rcproperty

this is one of the conservatory roofs that i cleaned (before) it was 2 sides like that over 4m length each side and the end was 3m wide.

covered in dust, cobwebs and leaves only took 2 25lts of water

Photo0225.jpg.38f67988af12cec9dce601d626baf74c.jpg

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

Your ladders are well resting against the guttering... tut tut lol

rcproperty

Meow!!! lol

Still 50litres on a a conservatory roof is not a lot, even with correct flow etc etc

you guys use alot of water then, can get upto 3 Terraced house's cleaned on 25lts

rcproperty

Your ladders are well resting against the guttering... tut tut lol

no not on the gutters at all, theses ar the types of ladders i use when doing things like that

Combination-Ladder-Hire.png

Posh

Use tap water on all my connies. My custies love it. Don't need pure water to get all the green **** off. I get birds **** off and dust charge a tenner takes about quater of an hour to clean it & get the green **** off & they love it. Connie roofs face the sky & get sh@&&£d up pretty quick but it's what your custie wants bet a lot of you have never offered this way & just gone for the pure water job. Did 7 roofs last week took me two hours £70. £35 an hour.

rcproperty

Use tap water on all my connies. My custies love it. Don't need pure water to get all the green **** off. I get birds **** off and dust charge a tenner takes about quater of an hour to clean it & get the green **** off & they love it. Connie roofs face the sky & get sh@&&£d up pretty quick but it's what your custie wants bet a lot of you have never offered this way & just gone for the pure water job. Did 7 roofs last week took me two hours £70. £35 an hour.

i charge £25 minimum for a roof, got 4 customers that have theres down every 2 months, even tho i told them most people only have them done once or twice a year!

mark m

no not on the gutters at all, theses ar the types of ladders i use when doing things like that

Combination-Ladder-Hire.png

who did you get so close to the conservatory useing them ladders

mark m

Meow!!! lol

correct it is not a lot at all first clean on a conservatory roof tap water lots of it then pure water job done

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

I would charge 35+ a roof. 50+ for the whole conservatory. Most take about an hour or less, I tend to spend more time than needed though. I leave all that kind of work until the end of the week.

rcproperty

who did you get so close to the conservatory useing them ladders

set the back legs close to the conservatory base then extend the ladder section up, dont always use these. only use these when i need to get higher than the roof for awkward roofs like the one in the picture, other times i use platform steps or podium steps

rcproperty

correct it is not a lot at all first clean on a conservatory roof tap water lots of it then pure water job done

might not be a lot for you, everyone works diffrently, uses diffrent technique's and equipment than each other.

like today i cleaned a block of 78 flats with under 400lts of water. thats like cleaning 40 houses.

M.K Cleaners.co.uk

might not be a lot for you, everyone works diffrently, uses diffrent technique's and equipment than each other.

like today i cleaned a block of 78 flats with under 400lts of water. thats like cleaning 40 houses.

I would use at the very least 50 litres just rinsing the roof. Even the smallest of roofs. Thats with viro sol.

rcproperty

I would use at the very least 50 litres just rinsing the roof. Even the smallest of roofs. Thats with viro sol.

i use Jeyes Path Patio and Drive Cleaner on some bad roofs, safe to use on plastics and wood too and its 100% child and pet safe.

plus can buy it at £3 for 4lts

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.