Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Cleaning Gutters And Conny Roofs With Tap Water

Knoxy

Right then I've done a few gutters and conny roofs and I have quite a few booked in the next few weeks, I've always cleaned them using pure water but I want to start doing them with tap water, do you guys use your normal pole and hose linked to a tap then flush it out at the end with pure water or do you use a different pole and hose?

no on conservatory roofs i aways use pure water, especiallyon the glass ones. that way it wont leave any marks when it drys like tap water would do.

or if they are really bad, i had one that i gave a wash down with the customers hose then washed it all again in pure water.

also not all people have outside taps, so you would still have to use your own water.

I use tap water, If it glass, I clean it with pure water but only after its been cleaned with tap water first.

as above or you need to charge much much more as a good first clean on conservatory jobs you can use loads of pure water

as above or you need to charge much much more as a good first clean on conservatory jobs you can use loads of pure water
most of my dirty green conservatories only takes 50lts or less of pure water and about 30 minutes so dont use much at all.

most of my dirty green conservatories only takes 50lts or less of pure water and about 30 minutes so dont use much at all.

50lts of water for a consevatory clean maybe a dolls house one ,cleaning all the gazing bars, finals, glass frames or polocarbonate guttering ,down pipes, windows you are on a diffferent planet 50 lts of water lol

50lts of water for a consevatory clean maybe a dolls house one ,cleaning all the gazing bars, finals, glass frames or polocarbonate guttering ,down pipes, windows you are on a diffferent planet 50 lts of water lol
no its easy when you do it right get the right set up on flow and use the right gear.

and this topic is on about conservatory roofs and gutters only, no metion on down pipes and side windows! and i said 50lts on roof!

no its easy when you do it right get the right set up on flow and use the right gear.

and this topic is on about conservatory roofs and gutters only, no metion on down pipes and side windows! and i said 50lts on roof!
Meow!!! lol

Still 50litres on a a conservatory roof is not a lot, even with correct flow etc etc

this is one of the conservatory roofs that i cleaned (before) it was 2 sides like that over 4m length each side and the end was 3m wide.

covered in dust, cobwebs and leaves only took 2 25lts of water

View attachment 550

Meow!!! lol

Still 50litres on a a conservatory roof is not a lot, even with correct flow etc etc
you guys use alot of water then, can get upto 3 Terraced house's cleaned on 25lts

Your ladders are well resting against the guttering... tut tut lol
no not on the gutters at all, theses ar the types of ladders i use when doing things like that

Combination-Ladder-Hire.png

Use tap water on all my connies. My custies love it. Don't need pure water to get all the green **** off. I get birds **** off and dust charge a tenner takes about quater of an hour to clean it & get the green **** off & they love it. Connie roofs face the sky & get sh@&&£d up pretty quick but it's what your custie wants bet a lot of you have never offered this way & just gone for the pure water job. Did 7 roofs last week took me two hours £70. £35 an hour.

Use tap water on all my connies. My custies love it. Don't need pure water to get all the green **** off. I get birds **** off and dust charge a tenner takes about quater of an hour to clean it & get the green **** off & they love it. Connie roofs face the sky & get sh@&&£d up pretty quick but it's what your custie wants bet a lot of you have never offered this way & just gone for the pure water job. Did 7 roofs last week took me two hours £70. £35 an hour.
i charge £25 minimum for a roof, got 4 customers that have theres down every 2 months, even tho i told them most people only have them done once or twice a year!

Meow!!! lol

correct it is not a lot at all first clean on a conservatory roof tap water lots of it then pure water job done

I would charge 35+ a roof. 50+ for the whole conservatory. Most take about an hour or less, I tend to spend more time than needed though. I leave all that kind of work until the end of the week.

Back