Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GARDINER 2 WAY - CLOSE COUPLED JET HOSE ASSEMBLY

Hi has anyone used the 2 way system on their Gardiner brushes? Wondered whether with adding the elbows to the jet capsules helps keep the capsules in when pulling on the univalve of the pole. As my colleague has suffered with them popping out when using the univalve with the new jet capsule system. It seems neat bit of kit especially when you can avoid door handles etc.

Honestly work perfect I have them on all my jet capsules brushes, door handles and Juliet rails much easier ?

Agree with Den. Since I’ve used these I’ve had no problems with the jet capsules coming apart. You must fix your hose properly where it comes through the gooseneck though even when using the close coupled hose set. It Also works well with a swivel if it’s of interest

Do you use univalve with your system? I noticed on the first photo below the orange hose you have another single connection? Is there reason for that being there? Regards Ed
YEs all eight poles have univalve ?

I used to use O rings to stop the pole hose being pulled back from the univalve, the bit you are referring to is a hose stopper that replaces the O ring ? member on here invented it he sells them have been using them for quite a while and also recommended ?

@Skxawng is the man for the hose stopper.

Oh right! I think I understand it kind of haha. Dont Gardiner sell them single connectors and you use them? Maybe I'd have to see a photo of yours with out the pole involved just to see the length of hose etc. Thanks so far for the advice 

What’s the difference between using the hose stopper and just using an o ring?
Convenience the hose stopper can be moved or taken off when required plus o rings can slide and move when you don’t want them too.

@Skxawng is your man for the hose stopper he his the only person I know that sells them. 
Have you got a link to these please? I know they were on Ebay but I can't find them.

Gardeners were also trialing something similar if I understood right but there is nothing on their website.

I have found the twin ears of the O Clips have worn quite deeply into the opening of my angle adapter.

They are basically one half of a straight JG fitting + a piece of 14mm tube cut to an angle to account for the angle at the top of the gooseneck. If you don't have a piece of tube to hand you could cut or file the top of your gooseneck instead. If you do this take care not to remove too much material or you will severely weaken the gooseneck. Mine is fine though.

The key with the JG is not to lose the red clip as this locks the clamp in place. I purchased two of these stays from eBay but when I went to buy a third couldn't find them and I've not seen them since. 

This was a mod I made to a spare gooseneck as I didn't have any tube to make my own

20200519_144220.jpg

Only difference the o ring can be fiddly when you need to remove it. The hose stopper just slides off, far easier to remove. 

Convenience the hose stopper can be moved or taken off when required plus o rings can slide and move when you don’t want them too.
Ahh right. I’ve found if you use the right size o ring and fully clamp it it never moves. I’ve also never found a need to remove it as the Gardiners set ups come with a removable push fit connector that’s hidden inside the goose neck so everything is already easily changeable. 

Have you got a link to these please? I know they were on Ebay but I can't find them.

Gardeners were also trialing something similar if I understood right but there is nothing on their website.

I have found the twin ears of the O Clips have worn quite deeply into the opening of my angle adapter.
Haven’t I’m afraid but PM him on here and He sent them thru the post ?

They are basically one half of a straight JG fitting + a piece of 14mm tube cut to an angle to account for the angle at the top of the gooseneck. If you don't have a piece of tube to hand you could cut or file the top of your gooseneck instead. If you do this take care not to remove too much material or you will severely weaken the gooseneck. Mine is fine though.

The key with the JG is not to lose the red clip as this locks the clamp in place. I purchased two of these stays from eBay but when I went to buy a third couldn't find them and I've not seen them since. 

This was a mod I made to a spare gooseneck as I didn't have any tube to make my own

View attachment 20543
Interesting, so you don’t use the blue bit then that came with it

I had to take a break from making them as with the covid situation, I've been a little distracted and it was getting increasingly difficult to get hold of materials cheaply or at all. 4 of the last 6 orders on eBay either haven't turned up or were cancelled. I've been selling the remaining stock privately but just posted the last of them a few days ago to a forum member. 

I have though, finally got the materials to make more so I'm making a large batch today and hopefully should be on eBay tomorrow ? 

@spruce I've heard rumours as well that perhaps on the future Gardiner poles, these hose stops wont be needed. 

I had to take a break from making them as with the covid situation, I've been a little distracted and it was getting increasingly difficult to get hold of materials cheaply or at all. 4 of the last 6 orders on eBay either haven't turned up or were cancelled. I've been selling the remaining stock privately but just posted the last of them a few days ago to a forum member. 

I have though, finally got the materials to make more so I'm making a large batch today and hopefully should be on eBay tomorrow ? 

@spruce I've heard rumours as well that perhaps on the future Gardiner poles, these hose stops wont be needed. 
Do you have secret information that Gardiners are making new poles? I’m wanting a new pole but might old off a bit then if so?

Do you have secret information that Gardiners are making new poles? I’m wanting a new pole but might old off a bit then if so?
I would imagine it would be a modification to the angle adapter. I know Alex was concerned about the issues the Univalve was causing to his new jet capsules concept.

If you need something you just have to go with what's available at the time.

Interesting, so you don’t use the blue bit then that came with it
The two I purchased I used. They work well and I highly recommend them. However, I was unable to get a third so I cut a JG in half and modified the gooseneck to accept it without the angled piece of tube instead. 

Latest Posts

Back