Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Which gutter vac is best

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Mikeyb250383

Need a bit of help in 2 minds whether to get the sky atom 1600w

Or the gutter sucker 3000w 

Any feed back would be great 

Been cleaning gutters for years of the ladders but times change and would like a bit of advice we only do mainly residential gutter cleaning with the occasional commercial property 

The bigger the motor /motors in theory the more suction a vac will have , it depends what type of job you intend doing , either are good vacs but the bigger motor will have more suction .

Just bought a sky vac atom and been using it quite a bit since it arrived a few weeks ago, had no problems as of yet, even unblocked downpipes and taken heavy soil/grass out with no problems 

Do you use a generator with the sky vac?

cheers
At the moment just been using customers power and offering a reduced price/free window clean depending on size of property, been thinking of getting a generator so customer doesn't have to be in when I turn up

At the moment just been using customers power and offering a reduced price/free window clean depending on size of property, been thinking of getting a generator so customer doesn't have to be in when I turn up
Thanks for the reply, I bought a generator but have used customers power on every job so far(about a dozen) and they seem to expect it ?‍♂️

Like mentioned depends what your work is like. I’m 99.9% domestic. And I use the gutter vac approx 4-6 times a month. So for me the sky vac commercial is best. Powerful, robust, not heavy when empty. So I would say if you’re similar to me, If you can afford it, I’d recommend the sky vac commercial. I had another new one come today. With the Elite poles set. Looks fantastic. But you don’t need the elite poles yet. Overall best value for money vac imo. I’ve only ever had one job where it hasn’t got out what I’ve needed it to yet. And I think that was because the tiles partly over hung the plant growing anyway. Way too high to ever find out. 

Let us kmow what you decide 

Thanks for the reply, I bought a generator but have used customers power on every job so far(about a dozen) and they seem to expect it ?‍♂️
That’s ok if they are in but if they arnt or have forgotten you are coming then you have a wasted journey , I always like to be self sufficient for  power then you are 100% guaranteed to be able to do the job , also with some of theses bigger 3 motor vacs if the electrics in the house are a bit dodgy you could cause problems with trips and fuses and end up with the customer blaming you for issues , a few years ago a friend of mine used the customers electric socket in the garage vacced the gutters out everything appeared ok three days later he got a call from a very unhappy customer who had a deep freeze in the garage they accused him of blowing the trip and all there stuff in the freezer de frosted and had to be thrown away , he ended up having to pay to replace it all .

Need a bit of help in 2 minds whether to get the sky atom 1600w

Or the gutter sucker 3000w 

Any feed back would be great 

Been cleaning gutters for years of the ladders but times change and would like a bit of advice we only do mainly residential gutter cleaning with the occasional commercial property 
Get yourself on Instagram and check out GVS. Great comparison videos Gutter Vac Systems 

Back