Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Contract with customer

Window cleaning doesn’t require contracts, a person can use your services or not, they are free to use who they choose, just like you would any other trade. 

Window cleaning doesn’t require contracts, a person can use your services or not, they are free to use who they choose, just like you would any other trade
100% agree Jango,...and yet I've wondered this point a few times - my thinking was - we can contract anything, legal,  with each other and done correctly is binding - I would draw up something very straight forward - a boilerplate template - what I would do (and won't do) and want they would do - leave gate unlocked on day - payment terms and also crucially a notice period to cease (6wk/31days etc) . I was thinking it might make the custy think twice if they get doorstepped with a lower price - you wouldn't need/bother to enforce it - just the fact they have signed it might be enough to maintain your loyalty if they get their heads turned. Also it might discourage those inclined to say 'not this time thanks - we on holiday/it's raining/wind is in the west...Plus you could use it record any exclusions that the wife agrees to but the hubby never heard as he was still watching TV (i.e exclude cladding/conny roof/porch upvc) to avoid any confusion - if you make it lightweight and simple you just get the custy to 'sign' up once they decided to go with you...anyone else do this?

Back