Best tool for appyling hypo?

mygutterclean

mygutterclean

I have heard that backpack sprayers dont last long when using hypo. What do you guys use for applying hypo

Posted (edited)

Hypo is corrosive - so it's crucial to rinse and flush whatever you use thoroughly (i.e rinsed and flush and then fill 1/2-full with tapwater and let it just run/flush thru - that will prolong any damage to the pump which is what will fail eventually...👍

(Gardiner backpack - to answer your question 😉 )  oh and caution! it's nasty stuff

Edited by NoName
  • Like 1

Gardiners back pack works fine we use hypo in them several times per week provided you flush them out after I find they last around 3 year s , it will invalidate the warrantee , but at £115 it’s paid for  in less than one job , after 3 years just replace it , one back pack will earn you many many thousands of pounds 

Why not just buy a chemical sprayer, fairly certain they'll be less then a backpack, as it isn't associated with the lucrative window cleaning business. The first WFP backpacks were just converted chemical sprayers.

Posted (edited)

I guess the obvious unasked question is  - where are you intending to apply the hypo ?

Edited by NoName
mygutterclean
Posted (edited)
50 minutes ago, Part Timer said:

Why not just buy a chemical sprayer, fairly certain they'll be less then a backpack, as it isn't associated with the lucrative window cleaning business. The first WFP backpacks were just converted chemical sprayers.

Yeah I think I might just do that

45 minutes ago, NoName said:

I guess the obvious unasked question is  - where are you intending to apply the hypo ?

Not to sure, any recommendations? 

edit: sorry I read it wrong lol, I thought you said where are you buying it from... 

it will be for patio and driveways 

Edited by mygutterclean