Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best tool for appyling hypo?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Hypo is corrosive - so it's crucial to rinse and flush whatever you use thoroughly (i.e rinsed and flush and then fill 1/2-full with tapwater and let it just run/flush thru - that will prolong any damage to the pump which is what will fail eventually...?

(Gardiner backpack - to answer your question ? )  oh and caution! it's nasty stuff

Last edited by a moderator:
Gardiners back pack works fine we use hypo in them several times per week provided you flush them out after I find they last around 3 year s , it will invalidate the warrantee , but at £115 it’s paid for  in less than one job , after 3 years just replace it , one back pack will earn you many many thousands of pounds 

I guess the obvious unasked question is  - where are you intending to apply the hypo ?

Why not just buy a chemical sprayer, fairly certain they'll be less then a backpack, as it isn't associated with the lucrative window cleaning business. The first WFP backpacks were just converted chemical sprayers.
Yeah I think I might just do that

I guess the obvious unasked question is  - where are you intending to apply the hypo ?
Not to sure, any recommendations? 

edit: sorry I read it wrong lol, I thought you said where are you buying it from... 

it will be for patio and driveways 

Back