Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What happened here?

windowsurfer

First pic is before cleaning with wet n forget, when spraying,seem to be paint coming down with chemical, I did brush in to worse bits, that seem to make it worse.

I did say to the guy that it probably better painting it, but he thought he would go for this treatment,was doing it cheap anyway.

Hope it rains n washed it all away. Had driven past it at 3PM, had done the job just after 7am.

20200520_174421.jpg

20200520_174347.jpg

That’s quite normal it will look much worse before it looks better that’s the algi dying , go back in a few days and it should look much better , this is exactly why I prefer hypo dirty in the morning clean by tea time 

I emailed wet n forget n they said it's a fantastic result, as it shows up the rest of the algae that you couldn't see and assured me it will now get gradually better til its pristine.

Wet n forget is great with green algae on painted surface, gone by the next day or evening. 

Spraying slate roof today aswell,  areas that hadn't been sprayed, looking good where sprayed last summer.

I emailed wet n forget n they said it's a fantastic result, as it shows up the rest of the algae that you couldn't see and assured me it will now get gradually better til its pristine.

Wet n forget is great with green algae on painted surface, gone by the next day or evening. 

Spraying slate roof today aswell,  areas that hadn't been sprayed, looking good where sprayed last summer.
I think part of the quoting process is educating the customer about what to expect ,that it will look 10 x  worse for a bit before it looks better ,we do  use bio but Ime not a great lover of it I like to leave the property with it looking pristine , not worse than when I arrived ??? , but it does  have it’s uses ,I have just ordered a load from Benz for  a few roof jobs we have coming in . 

Yep I've used benz products, good stuff.

The reason I've tried wet n forget is I feel that you dont have to get all suited up like you do with the benz products. And you just have to spray it on n leave, as more labour involved with lightening cleanse.

Slate roof I done last year with wet n forget small patch I obviously missed,so gave it a wee spray.

20200520_092813.jpg

Yep I've used benz products, good stuff.

The reason I've tried wet n forget is I feel that you dont have to get all suited up like you do with the benz products. And you just have to spray it on n leave, as more labour involved with lightening cleanse.

Slate roof I done last year with wet n forget small patch I obviously missed,so gave it a wee spray.

View attachment 20571
Looking good , we do a few roofs I have a couple of jobs coming up in the Main Street of my Home  town just waiting for the scaffolding to be put up , I scrape them first then spray with the bio , we get loads of moss and algi growth due to wet/damp conditions and tones of seagull poo makes it all grow at a very rapid rate . 

Yep, thinking of getting the marshall roof scrapers, I know a painter who has a mobile scaffold  who would hire it out to me.  

The house with the slate roof is 3 storey n he wanted part of the roof sprayed awkward with dormer window, shoulders bursting at 45ft at the angle.

Yep, thinking of getting the marshall roof scrapers, I know a painter who has a mobile scaffold  who would hire it out to me.  

The house with the slate roof is 3 storey n he wanted part of the roof sprayed awkward with dormer window, shoulders bursting at 45ft at the angle.
You need one of these makes life so much easier , you arnt holding the weight of the pole just steering it up and down or across the roof , made it myself and it works well especially on big tall roofs  

362AF838-F048-4B15-B988-A112A2BFAF39.jpeg

Yep seen that for sale, is that caster wheels you have put on it? 

I have thought about using ladder with a pivot that the pole goes through n swivels n takes weight of pole. No idea if it would work

Yep seen that for sale, is that caster wheels you have put on it? 

I have thought about using ladder with a pivot that the pole goes through n swivels n takes weight of pole. No idea if it would work
Yes small caster wheels with 360 degree movement so you can go up and down the roof and sideways as well , it also aides a more Evan coverage of  chemical on the roof , 

Latest Posts

Back