Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Telescopic lances for pressure washers

Daniel Perkins

Premium Member
Noticed few of the big gutter cleaning crowds here use the telescopic pressure washer lances to clean gutters and soffits. Read so many contrasting opinions about them ranging from it's easy, great for walls as no need for ladders. Also read they are a workout, too hard to control to could potentially damage gutters and get water in soffits etc.

Curious to know if anyone of here uses this instead of wfp? I would be a bit wary of blasting the gutters and soffits but especially the soffits. I wonder is there different nozzles with less pressure that could do the job whilst minimising the risk of damaging the fsg.

Noticed few of the big gutter cleaning crowds here use the telescopic pressure washer lances to clean gutters and soffits. Read so many contrasting opinions about them ranging from it's easy, great for walls as no need for ladders. Also read they are a workout, too hard to control to could potentially damage gutters and get water in soffits etc.

Curious to know if anyone of here uses this instead of wfp? I would be a bit wary of blasting the gutters and soffits but especially the soffits. I wonder is there different nozzles with less pressure that could do the job whilst minimising the risk of damaging the fsg.
Lol yes I have got three of them sat in my garage , forget it they are heavy very difficult to use , impossible to be accurate and not get striping with , they look very good but in practice are not so , the strains it puts on the body using them are huge , I have 18, 28,36 foot ones evan the 18 is difficult to use , much better using wfp , gives a much better c,Dan as well , we had a load of pickeys going round a few years ago doing gfs like this and within 6 months the were just as green as before , we got loads of phone calls from people asking us to re clean and di the job properly , the same group of pickeys then started pressure washing roofs and  now they are doing block drives and paths , again many have had to have the drives ripped ul and dine again as they all sank and looked terrible some people never learn !,,,,

I was meant to do an fsg for a fireman mate but he said he done it himself. He told me he taped a long pole onto his pressure washer lance and worked his way along. I dread to see the result but he said it came up well, should know in a few months because he has just fed and watered anything growing up there.

Lol yes I have got three of them sat in my garage , forget it they are heavy very difficult to use , impossible to be accurate and not get striping with , they look very good but in practice are not so , the strains it puts on the body using them are huge , I have 18, 28,36 foot ones evan the 18 is difficult to use , much better using wfp , gives a much better c,Dan as well , we had a load of pickeys going round a few years ago doing gfs like this and within 6 months the were just as green as before , we got loads of phone calls from people asking us to re clean and di the job properly , the same group of pickeys then started pressure washing roofs and  now they are doing block drives and paths , again many have had to have the drives ripped ul and dine again as they all sank and looked terrible some people never learn !,,,,
It's mad the big companies here doing videos advertising how much of an amazing job they do with these lances. It seems to come up well on the vids but it never really looks in control and I would there's massive strain on the upper body with that force at that height. Also who knows what damage they are doing. 

I'll take your opinion on these as gospel as softwash is your speciality. I was just curious to get an informed opinion on it. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It's mad the big companies here doing videos advertising how much of an amazing job they do with these lances. It seems to come up well on the vids but it never really looks in control and I would there's massive strain on the upper body with that force at that height. Also who knows what damage they are doing. 

I'll take your opinion on these as gospel as softwash is your speciality. I was just curious to get an informed opinion on it. 
I don’t know anyone who has had one of theses poles and used it successfully and got good results I watched some videos years ago and thought that looks good but I dont believe they got those results with the lance it was either don off a cherry picker with a short lance or done with something else or photo shopped , a firm did a huge lee cooper jeans factory 300 yards from my house many years ago and by the time the finished it looked like a zebra ??? another company  came and cleaned it  using cherry pickers and press washers with short lances . 

Latest Posts

Back