Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

flourishing grass up north

ks789

Nothing to do with windows, but noticed on a tv article how lush the grass was up north. You must be getting more rain than us. down here south east/east anglia no rain for months and grass dead/yellow, doesnt grow. amazing difference over a few counties.

Nothing to do with windows, but noticed on a tv article how lush the grass was up north. You must be getting more rain than us. down here south east/east anglia no rain for months and grass dead/yellow, doesnt grow. amazing difference over a few counties.
It's been relatively dry for us, April was very dry compared to usual. May has been either cold or hot, very cold early part of month but decent last weekend and this week. Again overall dryer then we are normally, we did have a very wet winter though so probably the watercourses are still relatively full.

It's been relatively dry for us, April was very dry compared to usual. May has been either cold or hot, very cold early part of month but decent last weekend and this week. Again overall dryer then we are normally, we did have a very wet winter though so probably the watercourses are still relatively full.
Yes true, that wet winter was a saviour really, ( well, not for the flooded areas) but for these arid areas. Amazing in such a small country such a variation. They get it dumped off the atlantic.

Its been dry here, but the grass is still growing at a crazy rate. Its bloomin thick too! nothing like the nancy Norfolk grass in my old garden, spent 4 years just trying to get it to stay alive?

Its been dry here, but the grass is still growing at a crazy rate. Its bloomin thick too! nothing like the nancy Norfolk grass in my old garden, spent 4 years just trying to get it to stay alive?
Its not growing down this way, all dried and yellow. one of my elderly customers got me doing a bit of hoeing in her garden and it was like concrete ? 

Bet the local footy teams are glad to not play either. Break yer leg on those pitches ⛹️‍♂️   ?‍?

Ground is bone dry we have had the odd spell of rain but not enough it hasn't really rained since late March the ground is rock hard, the grass is usually growing really well, I had some turf laid 2 weeks ago and I've had to water it in loads, I saw a lawn this week were the grass was completely dead, expensive mistake for not wanting to pay extra on a water bill, mine is lush and green the grass in the horses field near us is pitiful they have had to take 2 horses out because of lack of grass 

I take the waste pipe from my R.O  that goes into a drain and put it into a length of garden hose and lay it on my grass.

As I produce pure my grass gets a nice drink, which living in the south east, it desperately needs.

Keeps my grass looking lush ?

I take the waste pipe from my R.O  that goes into a drain and put it into a length of garden hose and lay it on my grass.

As I produce pure my grass gets a nice drink, which living in the south east, it desperately needs.

Keeps my grass looking lush ?
I've been thinking about setting up a micro irrigation system to water the lawn and plants 

Ground is bone dry we have had the odd spell of rain but not enough it hasn't really rained since late March the ground is rock hard, the grass is usually growing really well, I had some turf laid 2 weeks ago and I've had to water it in loads, I saw a lawn this week were the grass was completely dead, expensive mistake for not wanting to pay extra on a water bill, mine is lush and green the grass in the horses field near us is pitiful they have had to take 2 horses out because of lack of grass 
Always find it daft when they water their lawns in the middle of the day, always better evening/night if possible.

Always find it daft when they water their lawns in the middle of the day, always better evening/night if possible.
Mine is down the allotment so 30 minutes on a morning and evening, only supposed to use water for 30 minutes a day ?

It's  nice and lush up here in Northwest and I've had to borrow my brothers mower to cut the grass myself as we haven't seen the gardener this year.

Now he is getting on a bit, and I thought he might be self isolating, but not a word and he's got a fairly big round here.

I would have thought he'd have a friend or family to put some flyers through letterboxes but nothing so I'm thinking of buying a mower and strimmer and doing it myself.

It does have parallels with this job about vanishing window cleaners " he just stopped coming "..... I did pay the gardener, honest....

It's  nice and lush up here in Northwest and I've had to borrow my brothers mower to cut the grass myself as we haven't seen the gardener this year.

Now he is getting on a bit, and I thought he might be self isolating, but not a word and he's got a fairly big round here.

I would have thought he'd have a friend or family to put some flyers through letterboxes but nothing so I'm thinking of buying a mower and strimmer and doing it myself.

It does have parallels with this job about vanishing window cleaners " he just stopped coming "..... I did pay the gardener, honest....
Did you tell him miss me this time as it's going to rain ?

We had a few hours of light rain early yesterday morning here on Bournemouth, first time in over 2 weeks I think. But overall since lockdown started 8 weeks ago, think it’s rained about 3 or 4 days. Gutter jobs have been horrible with rock solid moss last couple of months. 

I've ordered the Stihl Battery set up. Chainsaw, Hedge trimmers, Strimmer, Blower, Fast Charger and a AR 3000 Backpack. I can charge the backpack when its sunny from my solar panels, I think it takes a few hours. Got my first customer, my mum, council have cancelled hedge cutting till after the lockdown so she volunteered me.

We had a few hours of light rain early yesterday morning here on Bournemouth, first time in over 2 weeks I think. But overall since lockdown started 8 weeks ago, think it’s rained about 3 or 4 days. Gutter jobs have been horrible with rock solid moss last couple of months. 
I'm not always to happy with these long dry spells, they're great for work but can play havoc with my tds levels. It's been at around 60ppm for the past 6 months but then they start to replenish water from other reservoirs and I've seen it go as high as 150ppm occasionally which is a bit heavy on resin with a double di set up. I should go the RO route but I'm a bit lazy.

I've ordered the Stihl Battery set up. Chainsaw, Hedge trimmers, Strimmer, Blower, Fast Charger and a AR 3000 Backpack. I can charge the backpack when its sunny from my solar panels, I think it takes a few hours. Got my first customer, my mum, council have cancelled hedge cutting till after the lockdown so she volunteered me.
Shame you're not closer, you can nip round and do mine...

Back