Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Van system 600gpd to/di set up

Lparker9983

Fitted my Toyota hiace out last year with a self build system which is a 650l flat lay tank, 2 hose reels, diesel night heater, 600gpd system with 24v booster pump which literally doubles the pressure and output of pure along with bringing TDS from 10 at 40psi to 3 at 90psi. 

Ply lined it, anchored tank through floor and then set about fibreglassing the whole lot and adding drain points for any spillages. Fitted fill up point and electric point on the outside to make life easy. 

IMG_20200522_181538.jpg

IMG_20200522_181602.jpg

IMG_20200522_180319.jpg

IMG_20200522_180428.jpg

Fitted my Toyota hiace out last year with a self build system which is a 650l flat lay tank, 2 hose reels, diesel night heater, 600gpd system with 24v booster pump which literally doubles the pressure and output of pure along with bringing TDS from 10 at 40psi to 3 at 90psi. 

Ply lined it, anchored tank through floor and then set about fibreglassing the whole lot and adding drain points for any spillages. Fitted fill up point and electric point on the outside to make life easy. 

View attachment 20586

View attachment 20587

View attachment 20588

View attachment 20589
Well done mate and well wear. A proud moment when you fit out a van the way you want it. Especially if you've done all or most of the work yourself.

Hope it’s very lucky for you. ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Well done mate and well wear. A proud moment when you fit out a van the way you want it. Especially if you've done all or most of the work yourself.

Hope it’s very lucky for you. ?
Its always interesting to look at others self builds.

I'm intrigued to where you have exited your air diesel heaters exhaust as the heater is mounted over the wheel arches. There is a green object close to the roof above the heater which I can't see what it is.

I'm not sure I would have fitted your 230v power socket at that low level in the line of the spray off the wheels. Its only splash proof not water tight.

I have an angled one at roof height on my van. As my van is reversed into my driveway I have fitted the socket on the near side out of the pedestrians normal route to the front door. 

Having a lift up tailgate is much better than barn doors for our business imo.

It comes with like a stainless steel Flexi pipe so I took the wooden boxing off the wheel arch , figured out where the edge of wheel arch inner was and went just in towards centre of van slightly and dropped a stainless liner through and then the exhaust inside that,packed with exhaust wadding for heat absorption and fitted silencer under the van, then dropped heater back on and bolted it to exahust. 

Yeah I thought that about the 240v socket .......after I'd cut the hole! So I added a big o ring to the inside of the lift up flap and the spring seems to be quite strong and so far so good. Been on over a year now and doesn't seem to have had water in it . 

By far the best thing is fibreglass....it's rock hard, fully waterproof, doesn't peel like protectakote can and can repatch if needed. Does add a little more weight to van but minimal and saves the van losing weight when it starts to fall to bits through rot like my old transit did!

Its always interesting to look at others self builds.

I'm intrigued to where you have exited your air diesel heaters exhaust as the heater is mounted over the wheel arches. There is a green object close to the roof above the heater which I can't see what it is.

I'm not sure I would have fitted your 230v power socket at that low level in the line of the spray off the wheels. Its only splash proof not water tight.

I have an angled one at roof height on my van. As my van is reversed into my driveway I have fitted the socket on the near side out of the pedestrians normal route to the front door. 
There is definitely so much to think about when planning to kit out a van. Every detail is important. The amount of visualisation and mental rehearsal I use before doing anything would be scary to most people. My intention was to fit the van out to be as quick, easy and efficient as possible. We don't have to get in the van for anything except battery maintenance on very rare occasions. Our controllers are eye level just inside the door. Our working poles are stowed at chest height so are just flipped over and slid in without the need to lift them up.

When my son started with me a couple of years ago he said " I think you're overthinking it dad" when I would suggest a slight tweek. He doesn't say that now. ? We've knocked about two hours off our working day for the same amount of work done. I'd say an hour because he's gained experience and speed and another due to our equipment and technique tweeks.

You guys involved in the fire service will know far more about the importance of speed and efficiency than I do. ?

It comes with like a stainless steel Flexi pipe so I took the wooden boxing off the wheel arch , figured out where the edge of wheel arch inner was and went just in towards centre of van slightly and dropped a stainless liner through and then the exhaust inside that,packed with exhaust wadding for heat absorption and fitted silencer under the van, then dropped heater back on and bolted it to exahust. 

Yeah I thought that about the 240v socket .......after I'd cut the hole! So I added a big o ring to the inside of the lift up flap and the spring seems to be quite strong and so far so good. Been on over a year now and doesn't seem to have had water in it . 

By far the best thing is fibreglass....it's rock hard, fully waterproof, doesn't peel like protectakote can and can repatch if needed. Does add a little more weight to van but minimal and saves the van losing weight when it starts to fall to bits through rot like my old transit did!
? Good old Transits.

We fiberglassed my son's Citroen Berlingo van's floor. The problem with car derived vans is they have a false floor fitted over the passenger footwells.

Now any spillages are contained. If I do my usual truck of overfilling the tank the only route of escape for that water is out the back doors.

I used black protectakote on my previous van. It lasted 10 years and only wore with the hose reels being taken in and out. On this current van I chose grey. It's not as good as it was. I don't know if it's the colour change or more likely a formula change. I was in 2 minds about Raptor or protectakote. I wish I tried Raptor.

Latest Posts

Back