Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Footee Ladder, Anti slip Ladder Guards

WCF

Help Support WCF:

I thought the same thing.

Think I paid £16.00 to do a house on Canvey as back is completely decked and always wet as they have dogs that **** on it hence they scrub it down and is as slippery as f**k.

Bought these just for this job but the metal is very thick that is supposed to fit in between decking and was worse than a chocolate T Pot, no way would it fit between decking and a complete waste of money.

I thought the same thing.

Think I paid £16.00 to do a house on Canvey as back is completely decked and always wet as they have dogs that **** on it hence they scrub it down and is as slippery as f**k.

Bought these just for this job but the metal is very thick that is supposed to fit in between decking and was worse than a chocolate T Pot, no way would it fit between decking and a complete waste of money.
All depends how wide the gaps are in the decking which will be the issue when put in place some have decent gaps others don't or have no gaps at all, @Teddington Window Cleaners maybe phone the supplier up and get the spec of them or if they aren't that far from you better still go and have a look at them as found cleaning spot sell them which might be in your neck of the woods

Ive got a 2 storey decking job on next week. 

The customer had WFP before and she wants a trad guy ?

The pointed out the deck was cleaned but I want to be safe especially as I have no footing. 

They look very good 

View attachment 20597
If you've got decent feet on your ladder just push ladder in the the sill or gutter on dry day

On wet days a scerwdriver it's all ways in my bag which I push in between the gaps of decking just in case ?

If you've got decent feet on your ladder just push ladder in the the sill or gutter on dry day

On wet days a scerwdriver it's all ways in my bag which I push in between the gaps of decking just in case ?
With advice like this you need to go wfp, please anyone reading this do not follow any of this advice above it's pure madness 

Make your own. One metre length of decking board or scaffolding plank. One length of aluminium angle profile which you screw to the under of the board as a decking gap anchor and one piece of roofing batten or 30x30mm timber as the backstop for the ladder feet to mate against 

They are very good if the gap between the decking has space. I have some in the shed. Decking is terrible for slipping on unless of course it’s the expensive non slip. 

Ive got a 2 storey decking job on next week. 

The customer had WFP before and she wants a trad guy ?

The pointed out the deck was cleaned but I want to be safe especially as I have no footing. 

They look very good 

View attachment 20597
I used mine for a Gutter job today funnily enough. They are good although I only use them very occasionally. Just bear in mind that the decking needs to be going across ways for them to work! 

Last edited by a moderator:
She's keeping 3 points of contact so nothing wrong with that. She's only first floor as well, not as if she'd hurt herself if she fell.
It’s not the fall that hurts you. It’s hitting the ground. ??

Back to the OPs original question. If you are serious about doing trad on your own then I’d get some ladder spikes. They are just like being footed if you can find a good spot for them on every climb and also they are permanently attached to the ladder so no messing carring bits and bobs around. 

Back