Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

John Guest Flush

Clearview Lee

I feel a bit silly asking this question as I feel I should already know, but I don’t!

I’ve just been changing my filters and putting it all back together and I’m actually not sure when the John Guest fitting is in flush mode or not ? I mean, there’s nothing I can see on the fitting itself. Obviously when the tap turns you can see light thru it, and turn the other way it closes off. 

im embarrassed to say, I don’t really know what’s-what and the mechanics of how it actually works. 

...but I will in a short while, and Importantly, remember!! ?????
Massive thanks in advance. 

Best way to check is if your flow rate through your waste is a lot greater than your pure yes it usually is more through the waste but if your pure is don to a trickle then turn the tap the opposite way it's usually 1 litre of pure to 2 litres of waste.

Ok I think I got that ??

Just do I know, is the JG fitting in flush mode when open or closed? I presume closed...
Open. When flushing all the water goes down the drain. When producing you close that tap/valve partially until you get 2 liters of waste to every 1 liter of pure. So you don't close the tap completely.

Latest Posts

Back