Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

pole & brush combo suggestions

deanno

Need some help in choosing a pole and brush combo, don't want it too heavy. Going to be cleaning windows, fascias, gutters etc,2 and 3 storey. I'm looking at the xline system, are there poles, brushes any good.

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Need some help in choosing a pole and brush combo, don't want it too heavy. Going to be cleaning windows, fascias, gutters etc,2 and 3 storey. I'm looking at the xline system, are there poles, brushes any good.

Thanks
Gardiners poles are the industry standard , light ,stiff , reasonable ware rate ,prices are good , customer service second to none 

Whats your budget? I started with a CLX and it was great. Just upgraded to a SLX, better but more expensive. Plus a CLX you can brake down and use as a small pole (so buy a bigger one and only use when needed) but SLX, as its full carbon, you can't do that unless you buy extra sections as only the outermost section is insulated against electricity (all of the CLX is insulated as its a hybrid pole). 

Brush wise, again it comes down to budget. Also, if you can get two brushes, one for windows and one of the rests, but that's not needed, just remember to clean it out well after you've done facia's, etc. I use  universal 35cm but you may find something like a universal 26cm easier to start with. Also, use pencil jets. Get fans when you're confident and ready to experiment.

Finally, you may find it best to email Gardiner and request a call back. They will then call you and you can discuss your needs and budget and they can advice. They're great and won't try to upsell you, they'll just advice what is best for your situation! 

Last edited by a moderator:
If you are going to be doing a lot of three story work I would recommend a minimum pole length of 25 foot, some might suggest longer.

I'm 5'10" and a 22 does it for me most of the time but there a few three story jobs where the extra 3 foot of the 25 is essential. You've got to remember that the rest of the time when doing downstairs work you are still going to be carrying all the weight of the longer pole. So it seems most prefer the 25 as their everyday pole over say a 30 footer. 

Brush wise, something like the Gardiner Ultimate brushes create a nice balanced feel with the SLX range of poles where the Xtreme brushes do the same for the Xtreme poles, not surprisingly.

As always, this is only my experience, others will likely give you theirs and none are necessarily wrong as it's very much what works for each of us.

Latest Posts

Back