Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

polish the turd (bipper) or upgrade ?

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Matt steel 118

so basically i have a pegeot bipper 1.4 hdi which has a 350 litre pure water system inside it . its an ex royal mail van so has a few battle scars on the out side. im wanting to clean up my image a bit as i think it looks a bit scruffy, i always keep it spotless but im in two minds to either lease a new van or wrap my bipper . what would you guys do ? i want to save money but i know image means alot in this business . 

If you want to save money let your cleaning do the talking just canvas clean and save, you’ll soon have enough put away to get what you really want. I’m running an old Renault Kangoo twin sliding doors it looks a bit rough but I touch it up and look after the old girl as best I can. Next van will be wrapped as I don’t see the long term investment in this van as I’m likely at best to get 12-24 months daily work with her.

On the flip side many say that a well signed up van is the best advert for new customers.

best of luck in your buisness decision and either way I hope you have a bumper year!

so basically i have a pegeot bipper 1.4 hdi which has a 350 litre pure water system inside it . its an ex royal mail van so has a few battle scars on the out side. im wanting to clean up my image a bit as i think it looks a bit scruffy, i always keep it spotless but im in two minds to either lease a new van or wrap my bipper . what would you guys do ? i want to save money but i know image means alot in this business . 
Royal Mail vans do have an hard life but when things go wrong money is no object and RM will spend on it. If you're happy with it and should get a few cheap years out of it, just touch it up here and there get some cheap wheel trims and get a couple of prices off local sign and graphic companies. I got mine ( see avatar) very cheap through a freind but you should pay about £250 for all round sign writing, which is a lot cheaper than a wrap. Good luck.

If the van isn't worth what you're going to spend on it, wraps aren't that cheap last time I looked, I'd be looking for a newer van. 
im just going to get some magnetic signs and make the most of what i do have for now. as my kit is all very good quality . so im glad its that way around rather than the other . once im making good money and retaining customers and building compact rounds then i will review the van i think.

im just going to get some magnetic signs and make the most of what i do have for now. as my kit is all very good quality . so im glad its that way around rather than the other . once im making good money and retaining customers and building compact rounds then i will review the van i think.
Magnetic signs just never seem right in my opinion. I would rather do some basic sign writing as it looks more professional.

Getting the van professionally signed not wrapped is no more expensive than a few magnetic signs, I paid £186 to have my combo signed logo on the bonnet both sides done and back doors all done by a local firm who have supplied my work wear for years as well. 

https://www.premiergrafix.co.uk

I had them design my signage for my Transit Connect recently. Costs me £77 including postage and the application kit.

Couldn't be happier!

They design it for free and give you a quote before you order. Couldn't fault it. Yes okay, you have to apply it yourself, but it is easy enough with the application spray!

96290863_10163349282115307_2157640631474716672_n.jpg

96245505_10163349281870307_1971718132955348992_n.jpg

95948708_10163349281755307_112649338542358528_n.jpg

Back