Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Best soap and water mix? Im intrigued.

Hoops

Hi guys, 

Been using good old fairy liquid since day one.... most of my customers are done with the WFP and only have a small bunch of trad customers each month now. One of these is a very large shop front which I find can leave small rainbow streaks. At first I thought it was the technique but I kept at it and revised vids etc online and yet no matter what fanning technique I used it always ended up showing those damn rainbow lines. I’ve changed rubbers for new ones, tried less slip in the bucket and more slip in the bucket! Any idea guys!? 

What slip do you guys use? 

A bit of fairy on the applicator and dunk in the bucket, if it gets a bit too watery I add more. A couple of lines of fairy either side usually does it. I cant see the soap being the problem to be honest.

GG3 or GG4 are brilliant but produce no suds so in bright light it can be hard to see what you are doing. I used to use Ungers but found the quality dropped so gave up on it. If you like to apply it to your applicator try the Moerman Pro.

I mostly wfp, but do a bit trad, mostly internal and just put a dash of any liquid, usually fairy, or whatevers there, in a bucket and gallon or so of pure and splosh it up. that does the whole house easy. tradders ive spoke to just use fairy or whatever their mrs buys.

I mostly wfp, but do a bit trad, mostly internal and just put a dash of any liquid, usually fairy, or whatevers there, in a bucket and gallon or so of pure and splosh it up. that does the whole house easy. tradders ive spoke to just use fairy or whatever their mrs buys.
And some of those little cottages with small windows, ive just used damp scrim and dry scrim, was just as quick as squeegy and seemed less faff.

Not at all, hence the reason I have invested thousands into my business. I just use what is necessary for the job at hand.

Fairy liquid (other brands are available) will leave you with a window just as clean as any other soap/slip you choose to use when used correctly that is all I was stating.

We're all here for the same reasons, to provide a quality service, leaving customers with perfectly clean windows, all while turning a profit to keep the business running. We're all entitled to our opinions and I apologise if I insulted you with mine. 

Not at all, hence the reason I have invested thousands into my business. I just use what is necessary for the job at hand.

Fairy liquid (other brands are available) will leave you with a window just as clean as any other soap/slip you choose to use when used correctly that is all I was stating.

We're all here for the same reasons, to provide a quality service, leaving customers with perfectly clean windows, all while turning a profit to keep the business running. We're all entitled to our opinions and I apologise if I insulted you with mine. 
I just don’t understand why you wfp guys have to chip in all the trad posts, when most of you have no idea about traditional window cleaning!? 

fairy liquid is for washing dishes! You got a problem with streaks!!? Use the proper tools!! It’s easy! Don’t cut corners 

I just don’t understand why you wfp guys have to chip in all the trad posts, when most of you have no idea about traditional window cleaning!? 

fairy liquid is for washing dishes! You got a problem with streaks!!? Use the proper tools!! It’s easy! Don’t cut corners 
Most of us older  window cleaners have also got many years experience of trad cleaning under our belts as well as wfp so have a vast knowledge and are able to offer opinions on both ways to try and help new starters , 

I cleaned traditional from the age of 16 on and off for 14 years (Including a successful window cleaning business in New Zealand until I went WFP last year, and still clean traditionally on a couple of properties I do now, so have a little bit of an idea and was just sharing my experience.

Also for the record i've never said I had problems with streaks. 

Back