Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Anyone tried this cam?

Perryb91

Just wondered if anyone had tried this camera or would reccomend sometime different? Ideally be able to pair to my phone thank you! 

Screenshot_20200525-071807_Chrome.jpg

They're all similar to be honest and for the price they're alright for the job! Just make sure you get something to attach your phone onto the pole, holding a phone in one hand and a pole in the other isn't ideal, especially if you're doing a gutter clearance.

You will notice all the apps have funny names etc or might even be in Chinese, but they all have the same functions and they're an awful lot cheaper than a gutter cam!

Top man thanks for that! Didnt wanna buy a gopro as will only be used for gutter work but I'll get that one ordered.

Thanks again mate ??

I brought a real cheap version of this type of camera on ebay was about £15 with all attachment, would work great but the wifi kicks out to easily , so be interested to see how you find this one 

I brought a real cheap version of this type of camera on ebay was about £15 with all attachment, would work great but the wifi kicks out to easily , so be interested to see how you find this one 
I'll keep you updated mate when I've had a play with it 

They're all similar to be honest and for the price they're alright for the job! Just make sure you get something to attach your phone onto the pole, holding a phone in one hand and a pole in the other isn't ideal, especially if you're doing a gutter clearance.

You will notice all the apps have funny names etc or might even be in Chinese, but they all have the same functions and they're an awful lot cheaper than a gutter cam!
Anyone managed to figure out a good way of mounting their phone on the pole?

Just wondered if anyone had tried this camera or would reccomend sometime different? Ideally be able to pair to my phone thank you! 

View attachment 20623
Pretty **** to be honest. Spend a little more and get the Sjcam Sj6 legend. Amazing quality and functionality with time and date stamp. Dash cam capabilities and tons of free mounts included 

I've just got the Akaso v7000.  Not managed to attach it to the pole yet but I had a little play with it earlier.  Connection to the smartphone is very easy, the picture is certainly good enough for its intended use.  WiFi range seems like it will be ok, I put it in downstairs window and had my phone upstairs and could see all the traffic passing, didn't seem to be any weakness with the signal and was full signal strength.  Only problem I can see is that viewing it on smartphone is portrait only, there is no way to make it landscape, so your viewing box is very small.  

The V50 I think you can change the picture to landscape but I don't know if it will show as landscape on the smartphone.

Going to be trying to get it up and running tomorrow properly.   

Just tried to get the camera up and running today on the vacuum pole.  It's terrible, it's unworkable.  The picture on the screen is probably about 1 inch by 2 inches so you can hardly see anything, to make it worse there is massive glare on the screen, finally the picture kept freezing, I presume this is something to do with the wireless signal.  

I'm pretty annoyed with myself, I should have known better.  I always say 'buy right, buy once'.  Even if I manage to find a solution the time wasted on this has cost me money, I could have used the time to be working on other areas of my business.

Some things to think about for anybody else trying it.  

Just tried to get the camera up and running today on the vacuum pole.  It's terrible, it's unworkable.  The picture on the screen is probably about 1 inch by 2 inches so you can hardly see anything, to make it worse there is massive glare on the screen, finally the picture kept freezing, I presume this is something to do with the wireless signal.  

I'm pretty annoyed with myself, I should have known better.  I always say 'buy right, buy once'.  Even if I manage to find a solution the time wasted on this has cost me money, I could have used the time to be working on other areas of my business.

Some things to think about for anybody else trying it.  
Now you know why they all use an old wfp to mount the camera on. I did the same and lasted one clean and took it off again.

With one of my skill sets being commercial drone and aerial photography i tapped into the FPV market years ago and built my own custom FPV camera system which is affordable reliable and offers signal diversity.

I used a high resolution sony cctv chipset 1080 onboard camera and water proof extended housing gopro case. 

Mounted the camera into the aperture along with a lipo battery pack and 5.8ghz video transmitter with IP rated power and charging socket

Linked wirelessly to a black pearl diversity Fpv high resolution 7" monitor with sun screen

Polish_20200616_230235581.jpg

With one of my skill sets being commercial drone and aerial photography i tapped into the FPV market years ago and built my own custom FPV camera system which is affordable reliable and offers signal diversity.

I used a high resolution sony cctv chipset 1080 onboard camera and water proof extended housing gopro case. 

Mounted the camera into the aperture along with a lipo battery pack and 5.8ghz video transmitter with IP rated power and charging socket

Linked wirelessly to a black pearl diversity Fpv high resolution 7" monitor with sun screen

View attachment 20993
Cheers mate have you got links for where we can buy it all?

Been trying to work a solution all day.  The Akaso camera set up is no good, it will be going back.  It won't even connect to the smartphone now, it's basically not fit for purpose and shouldn't be on sale, most of the action camera's seem to have the same issues, quite why the general public put up with it is puzzling.  

I'm now looking at cctv cameras and parking camera systems.  Both are cheap and are designed to view the live screen, especially the parking one.  The action cameras are really designed to record the footage and view later, so they're not really designed to watch live which is probably why they're lacking in the live feed department.  Basically they all suffer from screen freeze, even the go pro's I've seen you tube videos of it freezing while in use on a gutter cleaning job. 

Both are cheap 
Forgive me if I read this wrong - are you looking to do this on the cheap?

I say this because, if you do it properly and spend a little bit more, you'll easily earn your money back clearing gutters and save yourself a hell of a lot of frustration in the process!

I simply have a GoPro Hero 4 Silver mounted on the gutter tool neck (Skyvac Atom). The wifi is then connected to by my iPhone XR and mounted on the gutter pole, next to my hand and at eye-level. 

No issues with wifi disconnecting or any of those type of problems. Only thing I have to do is change the battery roughly every 45 mins but I have 6 batteries, so not a problem.

Simple to use and I highly recommend it. Buy cheap, buy twice!!

I would be interested to know though, if anybody uses a monitor (7" or so) or something a little bigger without being too heavy, just so that I don't need to use my phone?

I say this because, if you do it properly and spend a little bit more, you'll easily earn your money back clearing gutters and save yourself a hell of a lot of frustration in the process!

I simply have a GoPro Hero 4 Silver mounted on the gutter tool neck (Skyvac Atom). The wifi is then connected to by my iPhone XR and mounted on the gutter pole, next to my hand and at eye-level. 

No issues with wifi disconnecting or any of those type of problems. Only thing I have to do is change the battery roughly every 45 mins but I have 6 batteries, so not a problem.

I'm not looking to do it on the cheap, I've already got a job booked in and risk losing it if I don't get up and running promptly.  I'm looking for a solution where you can see the screen in bright daylight without screen freezes.  All the videos I've seen where they show the monitor [not the recording] have issues with screen freeze.  I also need a large screen, the smartphones are too small.

I'll have another look into the go pro's. 

Agree. I use Gopro Hero 3 plus black editions and Hero 4 silvers daily. Not one issue. Extended housing are a great recommendation also as it allows the larger battery backup.  Ive been a few custom units also 

I'm not looking to do it on the cheap, I've already got a job booked in and risk losing it if I don't get up and running promptly.  I'm looking for a solution where you can see the screen in bright daylight without screen freezes.  All the videos I've seen where they show the monitor [not the recording] have issues with screen freeze.  I also need a large screen, the smartphones are too small.

I'll have another look into the go pro's. 
Simple. Get some cardboard and black gaffa tape and make a slide on sun shade. Did you ever watch Blue Peter ? 

Or buy one 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mobile+phone+sunshade&adgrpid=83869153628&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIwI3tj7WL6gIVy8qyCh1iKg7SEAAYASAAEgJFQfD_BwE&hvadid=360102989447&hvdev=m&hvlocphy=1006497&hvnetw=g&hvqmt=e&hvrand=12335039502287908970&hvtargid=kwd-316123786071&hydadcr=70_1865244&tag=hydrukspg-21&ref=pd_sl_2ycy63v1fm_e

Back