Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Do you think my slx 35 will reach this

Very hard to say but it looks like you're going to have to stand quite a way back from the decking. If you can reach I would think you will be working blind with the pole above your head. An extended gooseneck will help you.

Very hard to say but it looks like you're going to have to stand quite a way back from the decking. If you can reach I would think you will be working blind with the pole above your head. An extended gooseneck will help you.
Cheers im going to trad the window after lockdown when there happy for me to climb out window onto flat roof i can't do there Windows blind as they've not been done in 9 years ?

I wouldn't touch it unless it's an absolute necessity to put food on the table.

Using ladders, especially on a neighbour's property. They have to agree. You have to to carry equipment through their property. Safety would be an issue. Gates need to be unlocked, so you would have to contact them in advance. You'd need access to the customers house to work out of upstairs window. They would have to be in. Kit and boots through house. The weather will sometimes be bad. The sheer effort, hassle and time would be a no no for me. I would dread it coming due on the round. It would need to be at a huge price for me to even consider it.

Can you not find better work, surely? I would rather be encouraging but I can't on this job.

Thank you thats what i thought fortunately once lockdown is over there happy for me to climb out window on to flat roof to clean
If there is sloping section of roof like the house to left you could end up in next doors garden in heap, I would not recommend climbing out of a window onto a flat roof at all more so at that height otherwise you are risking your life for few quid. 

I wouldn't touch it unless it's an absolute necessity to put food on the table.

Using ladders, especially on a neighbour's property. They have to agree. You have to to carry equipment through their property. Safety would be an issue. Gates need to be unlocked, so you would have to contact them in advance. You'd need access to the customers house to work out of upstairs window. They would have to be in. Kit and boots through house. The weather will sometimes be bad. The sheer effort, hassle and time would be a no no for me. I would dread it coming due on the round. It would need to be at a huge price for me to even consider it.

Can you not find better work, surely? I would rather be encouraging but I can't on this job.
Your defo right im actually doing it for my partners collegue/friend otherwise i wouldn't bother they actually have a side gate into there neighbors garden and have right to access so I'll have to go through 2. Side gates to get access which is a ball ache but im doing it for £25 which aint to bad not including the back dormer i won't be charging a first clean surcharge ? as there me girlfriends collegue 

If there is sloping section of roof like the house to left you could end up in next doors garden in heap, I would not recommend climbing out of a window onto a flat roof at all more so at that height otherwise you are risking your life for few quid. 
They do there own insides so I'll encourage them to do there own back dormers 

Your defo right im actually doing it for my partners collegue/friend otherwise i wouldn't bother they actually have a side gate into there neighbors garden and have right to access so I'll have to go through 2. Side gates to get access which is a ball ache but im doing it for £25 which aint to bad not including the back dormer i won't be charging a first clean surcharge ? as there me girlfriends collegue 
Fair enough mate. I don't envy you.

Stay safe. ?

Latest Posts

Back