Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Advice on submitting a commercial quote please.

Shaun70

A local food manufacturing company have asked for a quote for windows cleaned. I already have had some "quote/invoice" paperwork printed with our business name on luckily.

After advice please on

1.how detailed the quote would need to be, assume I would quote based on the time it's going to take me as there's a lot of windows

2. Where is the best place online to find out what I need to include on a risk assessment

3. Anything else I need to do to make it look like a professional quote

Cheers. 

Having never done a commericial clean I wont be too much help but for question 1..
I'd say anything that makes it sound like more work, add it to the detail in the quote, for example:

1) Quote to clean windows for XX company £xxxx

or

2) quote to clean x amount of glazing and x amount of  windows including frames and sills using pure water systems for XX company  £xxx

Risk assesments is a case of. What could kill or injure you (using ladders, moving vehicles on premesis, uneven surfaces) and what you can do to limit/mitigate that (clean out of work hours, use WFP, wear a hi-viz etc)

Health and safety is a big thing. You need to show what you do to protect yourself and others. If you google you should be able to find a template. But you must adapt it to your business. 
You need to use safety signs, I generally move my van along with different sections, then I don’t have great long lengths of hose, hanging out of the van. 

2. Where is the best place online to find out what I need to include on a risk assessment
Unless you've visited the site you can only give a Generic RA. If you visited the site then usually the only hazards will be, trip or fall hazards, overhead cables, cars in and out of car park and pedestrians. Unless the first 2 are relevant then all risks should be marked as low risk. You check for trip / fall  and overhead cable hazards before you start cleaning. You put trip hazard cones where pedestrians walk in and out of building when and if trailing hoses are across walk ways. It is also a good idea to state that you will inform them of your arrival 2 days prior for them to implement any safety procedures themselves. 

I submitted this quotation, method statement and risk assessment to a leisure center in 2014.

I later updated the risk assessment in 2017 as a couple of things changed and we had to look at risks again.

I left the use of step ladders in although we have never needed to use them cleaning.

Quotation.jpg

Method Statement.jpg

Risk Assessment update 200417.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I submitted this quotation, method statement and risk assessment to a leisure center in 2014.

I later updated the risk assessment in 2017 as a couple of things changed and we had to look at risks again.

I left the use of step ladders in although we have never needed to use them cleaning.

View attachment 20640

View attachment 20641

View attachment 20642
Thanx so much for putting copy of this on, really helps with how to set it out. Cheers!

Back