Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Upgrade to bigger van with DIY system

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Kirksheridan

Hi, 

I currently have a Peugeot partner van with facelift compact 325 in it, 

over the last couple of years I’ve come to outgrow it, 

so I’m now upgrading to a bigger van transit, vivaro, traffic etc

im looking at building a DIY system, I’ve priced parts up from pure freedom 650 tank, Cage, 2 man set up, so 2 pump/controller boards. Large leisure battery reels etc. 

ive watched numerous videos on YouTube and looking at replicating the green pro cleaning van (black tank running length of van video) as I like working out if side of van rather than back doors. 

the advice I’m after is what are the smaller ancillary items I need hoses, connections to tank etc 

also has anyone made a video or have instructions of how to actually build one ??

many thanks n advance for any replies

Hi, 

I currently have a Peugeot partner van with facelift compact 325 in it, 

over the last couple of years I’ve come to outgrow it, 

so I’m now upgrading to a bigger van transit, vivaro, traffic etc

im looking at building a DIY system, I’ve priced parts up from pure freedom 650 tank, Cage, 2 man set up, so 2 pump/controller boards. Large leisure battery reels etc. 

ive watched numerous videos on YouTube and looking at replicating the green pro cleaning van (black tank running length of van video) as I like working out if side of van rather than back doors. 

the advice I’m after is what are the smaller ancillary items I need hoses, connections to tank etc 

also has anyone made a video or have instructions of how to actually build one ??

many thanks n advance for any replies
If you have priced up the main tank components from purefreedom then why not ask them to fit it for you.

Every model van is different. It's important not only to have a secure tank but to position it so neither axle is overloaded. Unless to really know what you are doing, it's best left to those who have the experience of fitting tanks.

I can tell you from experience that it takes many hours of messing on fitting a tank as you never have the right fittings even after accurate planning.

Purefreedom will have racks of fittings of different sorts that they will pick from what ever they need. I doubt even they could provide you with a list of components you are asking for.

Just another thought. If the van you buy has just one side sliding door, fitting a 650 liter tank lengthways will create a dead space behind the drivers seat. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back