Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Deleting my account

G

Could anyone help me out and tell me how i delete my account on here. 

I no longer need it as Ive got the advice and answers I needed. 

Another smash and grab poster! maby it be nice if you could 'give back some info back to the forum insted of grabbing info and then leving ?
Gets me every time the author of this post could have googled their other post/question without going to all the trouble of creating an account creating 2 posts then having to have their account deleted by admin, also when someone asks a questions and doesn't reappear for weeks or months or even bother to reply with a simple thank you. 

I'm on other forums where, you can't access certain features until you have unlocked privileges first by making an introduction then having a certain amount of posts . I know I'm not a massive contributor on here but I try to help where I feel my input is necessary and try to give more than I take, I think its a shame people come here get given great advice that could make and save them thousands of pounds and leave without so much of a thank you. I'm not sure many industries would be so competitive yet so welcoming to potential competition . I think its an insult to the people that spend time sharing there experience which in this game is so valuable. 

I'm on other forums where, you can't access certain features until you have unlocked privileges first by making an introduction then having a certain amount of posts . I know I'm not a massive contributor on here but I try to help where I feel my input is necessary and try to give more than I take, I think its a shame people come here get given great advice that could make and save them thousands of pounds and leave without so much of a thank you. I'm not sure many industries would be so competitive yet so welcoming to potential competition . I think its an insult to the people that spend time sharing there experience which in this game is so valuable. 
How it going ash long time no see m8 u over teignmouth much these days been a funny old end to last year then all this covid now strange times ?

If someone signs up to a forum. Makes a few posts then decides its not for them. Then cant find a clear way to delete there account. Gets a barrage or abuse from the other members about being a time waster, then has to go to admin to have there account deleted. There is something wrong with the process.

People should feel welcomed to the forum even if they only every make one or two posts, and they should certainly be able to decide what happens with there own information, its theres. 

How hard would it be to be say, 

'Hey sorry your leaving, it might be better to leave your account active incase you want to pop in and out from time to time, or have any other question in the furture our members might be able to help with. But if your sure you want to delete your account, sent a message to Gav and he will take care of that for you.'.

You don't really want folk like that on the forum anyway. They could be setting up their own forum or work for another forum and just getting ideas, a true windy would stay on to help their business.

How it going ash long time no see m8 u over teignmouth much these days been a funny old end to last year then all this covid now strange times ?
Hi mate yeah baring about 3 days my whole round is there , iv kept an eye for you as I wondered how your getting on was going to call you at one point but didn't really have much to report , yeah very wet end and just as things pick up we stop ! 

If someone signs up to a forum. Makes a few posts then decides its not for them. Then cant find a clear way to delete there account. Gets a barrage or abuse from the other members about being a time waster, then has to go to admin to have there account deleted. There is something wrong with the process.

People should feel welcomed to the forum even if they only every make one or two posts, and they should certainly be able to decide what happens with there own information, its theres. 

'Hey sorry your leaving, it might be better to leave your account active incase you want to pop in and out from time to time, or have any other question in the furture our members might be able to help with. But if your sure you want to delete your account, sent a message to Gav and he will take care of that for you.'.
I would agree with this except the post imo just came across as a wee bit rude. If you come on any forum seeking advice or information that can potentially help you start a business, earn money or get out of a tricky situation, the very least you can say is thanks. I don't think people are looking for high praise or anything like that but it's nice to be nice and keep up a certain etiquette. People on here are so helpful and I would hazard a guess if the OP was a bit more polite they would have gotten a better response. Just my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:

I don't think they have been given a barrage of abuse at all, besides one post got there answer and they were off well two if you include this one, yes totally there choice, maybe people shouldn't sign up with there full name as a username, everyone is welcome on here as well you know, you don't post that often yourself but you have given back and with info and given a like or reply when your questions have been answered also on the whole have contributed a fair bit. 

I guess we all end up venting our frustration once in a while more in these times, I have been working flat out in the heat these past weeks plus other stuff going on I could have gone to my allotment this morning and torched it as I was ready to explode thought I best water it as intended as mass fire wouldn't make my day any better. 

@Iron Giant

Well don't burn down your alloment. I agree it wasn't a barrage of abuse. It was just how the tone of the thread was coming across to me, and the dirrection I felt it was heading.

Newbies are always going to have more questions than answers, as I did when I first started. They will contribute down the line as they become more experienced. We all might end up learning a thing or two from them. But I feel its important they are not driven away by negitive posts. 'If you can't say something nice.. ' and all that.

That's y i only help people who post regular give and take is what its all about wich makes the forum 
The problem is occasionally with newbies. When someone is new and genuinely wants help then that's no problem. It will take a long time before they have the experience to answer some questions posed on here. In the meantime we are happy to keep answering their basic questions. These questions maybe basic to us but aren't to a new window cleaner.

What I like to see is new ones with limited experience helping other new ones with starter questions they have answers to because they have already taken the first step.

I often wonder how many new posters who disappear soon afterward just leave the forum as this person did or leave because they gave up their choice to become a window cleaner.

But this person was just rude and ungrateful. Karma will come in time. There is nothing stopping this person from logging back onto the forum and continuing to suck information from us without any intention of contributing anything back.

Unfortunately this person's attitude can influence us negatively when another genuine potential new starter comes along asking questions.  I have to put my hands up and say it affected me with a reply I made this morning. I'm very grateful to that new poster for replying in detail why he is considering window cleaning. It made me readjust my thinking and attitude.

Last edited by a moderator:
The problem is occasionally with newbies. When someone is new and genuinely wants help then that's no problem. It will take a long time before they have the experience to answer some questions posed on here. In the meantime we are happy to keep answering their basic questions. These questions maybe basic to us but aren't to a new window cleaner.

What I like to see is new ones with limited experience helping other new ones with starter questions they have answers to because they have already taken the first step.

I often wonder how many new posters who disappear soon afterward just leave the forum as this person did or leave because they gave up their choice to become a window cleaner.

But this person was just rude and ungrateful. Karma will come in time. There is nothing stopping this person from logging back onto the forum and continuing to suck information from us without any intention of contributing anything back.

Unfortunately this person's attitude can influence us negatively when another genuine potential new starter comes along asking questions.  I have to put my hands up and say it affected me with a reply I made this morning. I'm very grateful to that new poster for replying in detail why he is considering window cleaning. It made me readjust my thinking and attitude.
very true. Really I think you get what you give, though sometimes it doesnt seem like it, but it might take a roundabout route.

very true. Really I think you get what you give, though sometimes it doesnt seem like it, but it might take a roundabout route.
Your first 6 months as a new window cleaner can be a downer. No matter how hard you try the customers are few and far between and you want to give up. After a few years the customers appear on their own and you don't need to buy anymore equipment. That's what I'm finding, they are my bread and butter now. I'm happy to do add-ons for all my customers but ex customers can find someone else as I have no interest in them, why would I.

Back