Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

IBC tank recommendation

Just spoke to the supplier; that tank is brand new, with 150mm top lid. They don't have any with bigger lids, is that an issue? I understand I need to cut two lines from the lid to fit the pump. Thanks

Look on eBay they generally sell for around £50-75  if buying second hand try and get one that has had concentrated. Orange juice in it or other similar based products , don’t get one that has had fuel, or oily products in it , usually they are 600 or 1000 ltr , hole size in the top shouldn’t be an issue you can get submersible pumps that fit inside all of them or use an external pump connected to the outlet 

Got mine a month or two ago from a local company, steam cleaned and refurbed with new lids and outlets. 640L tank for £50 delivered. Not sure they would deliver as far as london though, but youre bound to find a decent 2nd hand one locally!

Mine was Gumtree. £60. But clean. Had to drive an hour there but worth it. avoid these ones that had gooey chemicals in them for £30 you sometimes see. 

Thanks Guys, no luck with second hand locally so far... I'm checking ebay last few months, usually £100-120 delivered but not sure of condition. I'd rather pay £200 for brand new. Will order tomorrow if no one sugest cheaper alternative for brand new tank.

Try Facebook Market place, always something somewhere, I picked up a 600ltr baffled tank with metal frame, pump, controller, IBC tank, pole, hose and reel all for £150..keep looking and checking 

Thanks BM, cant wait too long. All new 4040 RODI system delivered next week from Daqua ?

Found bargain, bit too far for me. Maybe someone local needs one; https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/324177533426
Could you not use Shiply or some other delivery-bidding service to get a quote for it to be delivered?
Or if you had a van already, they are light enough to lift in the back!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back