Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Starting up waterfed back pack

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ShaunWills97

Hi guys 

I currently am cleaning trad but want to start water fed pole on the side just for tricky windows and facias and soft fits. 

I've tried researching but can't get to grips with what I need. 

Ideally I want a system I can just plug into the tap and it will filter the water and out the pole. Is this possible? 

Could someone please give me a list of things I would need for this and specific brands/products if possible. Hoping to get it all for about 500 max

Thanks for help in advance 

Probably not.

First step is to find out your tap TDS for the water in your area. Buy a decent TDS meter from one of the window cleaning suppliers, and go from there.

In South West Wales your TDS is likely to be below 100ppm (mine is currently 38ppm) so you should be able to get away with a DI vessel & resin for those tricky windows.

For fascias & soffits just plug your water fed pole to the customers outside tap (no need to use de-ionised water).

So my recommendations for your shopping list would be:

• TDS meter 
  • Water fed pole (Gardiners CLX-22 or SLX-22)
  • Backpack (Gardiners)
  • DI vessel (Pure Freedom)
  • Tulsion Resin
  • Hose reel (Claber) & 6mm/8mm hose
  • You'll probably find you'll need a few extra hozelock fittings

£500 should just about cover it.

In South West Wales your TDS is likely to be below 100ppm (mine is currently 38ppm) so you should be able to get away with a DI vessel & resin for those tricky windows.

For fascias & soffits just plug your water fed pole to the customers outside tap (no need to use de-ionised water).

So my recommendations for your shopping list would be:

• TDS meter 
  • Water fed pole (Gardiners CLX-22 or SLX-22)
  • Backpack (Gardiners)
  • DI vessel (Pure Freedom)
  • Tulsion Resin
  • Hose reel (Claber) & 6mm/8mm hose
  • You'll probably find you'll need a few extra hozelock fittings

£500 should just about cover it.
Good list. My suggestions:

A length of 1/2" garden hose and fittings to connect the Di vessel to customer's tap and the Di to fill the back pack.

He could fill his backpack with tap water to clean gutters and fascias. I'm not sure I would include a hose reel to begin with

A would consider an additional 25 liter plastic container with pure. Since the advent of water meters I've noticed a lot of customers switch their outside tap off from inside.

I would go for an slx25.

Atm Gardiner's are out of backpacks. Other cleaning company recommended a backpack called Linzi for around £40 as a substitute. He would have to buy a female EZ snap stop connector from Gardiner's to fit the pipe of the backpack. It would most likely be 8mm.

It looks like the supplier is sold out as well. Sorry

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Cordless-Battery-Operated-Insect-Killer-pest-control-shoulder-back-Sprayer-20L/274347735287?hash=item3fe06638f7:g:Zp4AAOSwChhepL7v

Last edited by a moderator:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
If you look on youtube some of the americans put a 4040 on a trolley with the prefilters and connect to customers tap to use it.

Not my ideal choice but it would work.

The waste does pour on the floor though so winter may be sketchy.

If you look on youtube some of the americans put a 4040 on a trolley with the prefilters and connect to customers tap to use it.

Not my ideal choice but it would work.

The waste does pour on the floor though so winter may be sketchy.
Iconic systems do a thing called the Quattro and that’s the same one works of main tap pressure and they gave one that will plug into the mains electric to boost performance they are very good we used to use them in London in big blocks of offices you can take them in a lift onto the roof and produce loads of water , they arnt cheap though ???? typical Ionic’s 

Latest Posts

Back