Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

What's happened with Tulsion resin?

Chris34

Have I missed something?  PF have switched to another brand and it seems it's not in stock with other suppliers.  I've ordered the alternative stuff from PF but always nervous when changing the way I do things.

Have I missed something?  PF have switched to another brand and it seems it's not in stock with other suppliers.  I've ordered the alternative stuff from PF but always nervous when changing the way I do things.
 I got knocked by pure freedom with dodgy  resin pretending to be Tulsion.

Got fobbed off so I wouldn't  touch them now.

I used to order Tulsiin from PF years ago but once they sold the fake black resin i then never used them

But the Unger resin if u cant get hold of Tulsion

Looking for Tulsion 25L suppliers - most seem to be out of stock - is UNger good alternative ? If not anyone have some good recommendations as i am almost out ?

The last bag I used was unger after using tulsion for a few years. Honestly didn't notice any difference. I use double di.

Double DI - just ordered Unger at 79£ + VAT which seemed reasonable - thanks CMcB for the feedback
Mate you use unger-115 resin ? And u paid £79 ! Thats crazy

First of all of your using DI only u want Mb-151 not mv-115(designed for RO use)

i use double DI myself and i have 7 vans on the road and 151 will make your resin last more longer and will be more efficient

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate you use unger-115 resin ? And u paid £79 ! Thats crazy

First of all of your using DI only u want Mb-151 not mv-115(designed for RO use)

i use double DI myself and i have 7 vans on the road and 151 will make your resin last more longer and will be more efficient
Are those prices + or including VAT

Thanks harunh thats really interesting - i will cerainly be switching to mb-151 then. I am guessing based on the market the prices you quoted are inclusive of VAT which is really good value - however without postage not an option for myself as i am in Cornwall. What is the brand resin you sell ?

i use unger resin these days...ive never noticed a difference between this and the tulsion mb 115 i used to use TBH....

im DI only with a tap tds of 024......a bag of resin usually lasts me 4 or 5 months.....

i use unger resin these days...ive never noticed a difference between this and the tulsion mb 115 i used to use TBH....

im DI only with a tap tds of 024......a bag of resin usually lasts me 4 or 5 months.....
 Mate if u use mb-151 resin through Di only u will save money, your resin will last longer , go on Vyairs website and order yourself 151 instead of 115 of it, or if your ever passing over my way take 1 of me ?

Mate if u use mb-151 resin through Di only u will save money, your resin will last longer , go on Vyairs website and order yourself 151 instead of 115 of it, or if your ever passing over my way take 1 of me ?
ill give it a try for sure mate next time i need a bag......why do you say its better than mb 115 though?

@harunh I've edited your posts as you are touting for sales. 
No i was just saying like... hes miles away from me ... like hes ever going to be past my way lol, and we are all businessmen at the end of the day so its normal to have a selling personality ? ? but yeah sorry lmao x

ill give it a try for sure mate next time i need a bag......why do you say its better than mb 115 though?
Mate cos mb-115 is not designed for use with DI bottles... MB115 is designed for producing RO water... but us window cleaners still use it and it does the job in DI bottles..... mb-151 is designed for use in DI bottles with harder water.  So make sure you get mb-151 in future and never 115 unless u change to an RO lol

If u used mb-151 for Ro systems it would not be good cos its designed for harder water .

Before window cleaners would say 200ppm = RO NEEDED ,, But now window cleaners can use mb-151 in 200ppm areas and produce water on demand at an affordable profiting cost ?

I’m curious about this also. @doug atkinson, any truth to this?
100% true mate i might of only been in the trade for 8 years but my knowledge is up there with the guys who been at it for nearly 30 years ? ?  haha ?  

No i was just saying like... hes miles away from me ... like hes ever going to be past my way lol, and we are all businessmen at the end of the day so its normal to have a selling personality ? ? but yeah sorry lmao x

Mate cos mb-115 is not designed for use with DI bottles... MB115 is designed for producing RO water... but us window cleaners still use it and it does the job in DI bottles..... mb-151 is designed for use in DI bottles with harder water.  So make sure you get mb-151 in future and never 115 unless u change to an RO lol

If u used mb-151 for Ro systems it would not be good cos its designed for harder water .

Before window cleaners would say 200ppm = RO NEEDED ,, But now window cleaners can use mb-151 in 200ppm areas and produce water on demand at an affordable profiting cost ?

100% true mate i might of only been in the trade for 8 years but my knowledge is up there with the guys who been at it for nearly 30 years ? ?  haha ?  
Thanks for your explanation. Doug runs Daqua, you see. I get my resin from him so wanted his input as he’s very knowledgeable and always happy to help. I’ll do more research into it, as I need to stock up on resin and if that’s true I’m happy to switch! ? 

Back