Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Hose reel on trolly

Pjj

Premium Member
Quite some time ago I remember someone posted a picture of a hose reel mounted on a trolly ?? Can you re post your picture and what hose reel are you using .

i have bought a warrior warlord trolly for softwashing and plastic cleans and want to have a small reel mounted on it just to hold about 30 meters of either pole hose or microbore , any suggestion appreciatedĀ 

Quite some time ago I remember someone posted a picture of a hose reel mounted on a trolly ?? Can you re post your picture and what hose reel are you using .

i have bought a warrior warlord trolly for softwashing and plastic cleans and want to have a small reel mounted on it just to hold about 30 meters of either pole hose or microbore , any suggestion appreciatedĀ 
Hiya mate.

Look on ebay or amazon for a claber aquapony.

Cheap and perfectly sized.

Used one for 2 years on a trolley with 30m of 6mm reel hose with no issues.

You can fit 50m at a push but 40m will fit nicelyĀ 

Last edited by a moderator:

Iā€™ve been looking at these but not sure of the quality for the price.Ā 

0089A408-26CD-4B02-912B-609B568D3024.png

Sod that.

A backpack on a trolley with a reel would be cheaper and better.

Probably weigh you in for about Ā£150
Thatā€™s what Iā€™m using now. Itā€™s doing itā€™s job but just doesnt hold enough water for certain things that I want although I must admit, itā€™s been a great addition to the van mounts as it means we are both not tied to the van giving you more freedom in the way we work.Ā 

Nothing like being a trolley dolly, I couldn't do alot of my work without it,due to parking, it's a pest for filling up,due to limit of water, but heh ho,that's life,saves you reeling out masses of hose,for certain jobs.Ā  And my wife uses it,when she comes with me, which she hasn't due to 3kids being of school,Ā 

Nothing like being a trolley dolly, I couldn't do alot of my work without it,due to parking, it's a pest for filling up,due to limit of water, but heh ho,that's life,saves you reeling out masses of hose,for certain jobs.Ā  And my wife uses it,when she comes with me, which she hasn't due to 3kids being of school,Ā 
What sort of trolley are you using ? Iā€™m contemplating starting another guy and there will be 3 of usĀ 

It's some sort of fishing trolley, this one I had to put a couple of lower supports. Really light. My one before fell apart n I had got it from sports direct,but didnt have them when looking for replacement. I've got an aluminium sack trolley,bit like the Handy truck, but think its about 3kg lighter.

My son used aĀ Aqua pony on a nano with 5mm green Pu pole hose think it isĀ approx 40 to 50m going to use the reel today for a some gutters etc.Ā 

image.jpg

I think its 8mm. Most the time it stays on the van, just handy for certain jobs when I need to be mobile but at the same time just able to park it up somewhere safe and run the 100m hose.

Probably weighs Ā  -Nano 15kg reel/hose 15kg, around 50kg with a 25 litre barrel.

I have a job where I pull the loaded trolley with another 25kg barrel and pole in hand. Saves having to go back the van for water.

The Nano is a lot easier to move than the 50l PF trolley.

Yes have had a nano since release and my son used to use clabber aqua pony with Approx 50 green Pu hose was the lightest combo we could come up with. Nice little trolley only fault I have had was a recent corroded connector all sort now.Ā 

We used to use a small Wilko hose reel on our trolley. We found it just got in the way when filling up the backpack and lifting the trolley in and out of the van. Also it kept coming apart. Now we just wrap around twenty or thirty yards of pole hose around the handles of the sack trolley, with a Hoseless fitting for the pole. We find it much easier to use. We only use the trolley/backpack for our soapmix for "spring cleans".

20200602_175233.jpg

We used to use a small Wilko hose reel on our trolley. We found it just got in the way when filling up the backpack and lifting the trolley in and out of the van. Also it kept coming apart. Now we just wrap around twenty or thirty yards of pole hose around the handles of the sack trolley, with a Hoseless fitting for the pole. We find it much easier to use. We only use the trolley/backpack for our soapmix for "spring cleans".
Yep I use the wilko reel on two trolleys, had to put a couple of small bolts through side bits,that keeps them together,all good

Get a aldi or lidl 20m airline hosereel when on offer for Ā£24 or Amazon airline hose reels. Cut off the trialling end 1/4 airline hose connector and add a rectus or preferred fitting. Cheaper than any trade specific unitĀ 

Get a aldi or lidl 20m airline hosereel when on offer for Ā£24 or Amazon airline hose reels. Cut off the trialling end 1/4 airline hose connector and add a rectus or preferred fitting. Cheaper than any trade specific unitĀ 
I've got a bloody good memory for seeing useful stuff advertisedĀ 

There you goĀ 

Parkside air line hose reel 20mĀ 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/i/174000074369?chn=ps&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=710-134428-41853-0&mkcid=2&itemid=174000074369&targetid=909953938039&device=m&mktype=pla&googleloc=1006497&poi=&campaignid=10195652591&mkgroupid=107296304132&rlsatarget=pla-909953938039&abcId=1145987&merchantid=118989268&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIpYKbrfno6QIVFWHmCh0TTAjGEAQYAiABEgKpY_D_BwE

Blast from the past!Ā 

This is from 2014 but my dad has been using the trolley system since 2010

I've bought him a grippa tank system, power Hd reel and it all just sits there unused.

Can't beat a trolley system.Ā 

IMG_1465.JPG

Back