Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

I could kill who designed this

ks789

Not as exciting as the title sounds. Trying to do my tax return, page 1 of 3, tailor your return section. said yes, earnt more than £1000 in self employment, then it asks did you receive any income from overseas etc 'no' then, if you received any foreign income do you need to fill in the foreign section? again i put 'no' Then it will not let me proceed. big red box, 'There is a problem' (damn fn right there is)

'If you received any foreign income....'should be 'yes' as you have selected 'Do you wish to claim foreign tax credit relief on capital gains' as 'yes'

I bloomin well havent. it says no. What a major design fault. Now the only way out I can see is ive got to sit on the phone to them tomorrow for ages. I know most of you will use an accountant so wont be aware of it. cant even seem to delete and start again. majorly f@ct off I can say ?

Not as exciting as the title sounds. Trying to do my tax return, page 1 of 3, tailor your return section. said yes, earnt more than £1000 in self employment, then it asks did you receive any income from overseas etc 'no' then, if you received any foreign income do you need to fill in the foreign section? again i put 'no' Then it will not let me proceed. big red box, 'There is a problem' (damn fn right there is)

'If you received any foreign income....'should be 'yes' as you have selected 'Do you wish to claim foreign tax credit relief on capital gains' as 'yes'

I bloomin well havent. it says no. What a major design fault. Now the only way out I can see is ive got to sit on the phone to them tomorrow for ages. I know most of you will use an accountant so wont be aware of it. cant even seem to delete and start again. majorly f@ct off I can say ?
You have put "No" You did not receive any foreign income then you have went and filled it in by saying No when you should have left it blank, that's why it can't let you move on.

Think I'll fill in mine tomorrow as I've not had a headache for a while. ?

You have put "No" You did not receive any foreign income then you have went and filled it in by saying No when you should have left it blank, that's why it can't let you move on.

Think I'll fill in mine tomorrow as I've not had a headache for a while. ?
I deleted it all and started again. still put no to both but this time it let me go through. I had a paye job last year but in this tax year so got to include that. They never sent me a p45, but I know their ref number and my net payments from them after deduction  so surely that would be ok? I think they want it gross, but not a lot of difference in the amount to be honest, and it says optional on the screen, so as long as they wouldnt punish me I'd just put the figure what went in my bank statement. Do you reckon would be ok?

I deleted it all and started again. still put no to both but this time it let me go through. I had a paye job last year but in this tax year so got to include that. They never sent me a p45, but I know their ref number and my net payments from them after deduction  so surely that would be ok? I think they want it gross, but not a lot of difference in the amount to be honest, and it says optional on the screen, so as long as they wouldnt punish me I'd just put the figure what went in my bank statement. Do you reckon would be ok?
If you call them and give your national insurance number then they should know how much tax and nat insurance you paid. You don't want to make a slight mistake or they could make it difficult for you by fining you £100, I think.

If you call them and give your national insurance number then they should know how much tax and nat insurance you paid. You don't want to make a slight mistake or they could make it difficult for you by fining you £100, I think.
yes always a risk. I'll bell them early tomorrow. Get it out the way. Always satisfying to get that done, load off the mind and then chill a bit with some ice cold wkend beers ?

would you believe, ive just sat on the phone and gone through all their preamble, then it says all people are busy, goodbye. And it reckons this is the best time of day to ring them too. This is gonna be a right nightmare, can slowly feel myself boiling up

would you believe, ive just sat on the phone and gone through all their preamble, then it says all people are busy, goodbye. And it reckons this is the best time of day to ring them too. This is gonna be a right nightmare, can slowly feel myself boiling up
ah, tried again in yhe queue now. feel bit better

I think they are all working from home and can't access the main computer. This would mean you are better to wait after lock down. I got a call this morning to bird proof solar panels. Left my card 6 months ago when I told the guy that the birds will relocate to under his panels once I proof the one I was doing. He called and said they have so I have to proof his now. Great business and I get a solar clean into the bargain.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think they are all working from home and can't access the main computer. This would mean you are better to wait after lock down. I got a call this morning to bird proof solar panels. Left my card 6 months ago when I told the guy that the birds will relocate to under his panels once I proof the one I was doing. He called and said they have so I have to proof his now. Great business and I get a solar clean into the bargain.
its ok, got it all done now

Back