Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pricing Bay Windows

WCF

Help Support WCF:

GarethC

How do you guys price up bay windows? I have to price a 3 bedroom house with 2 bay windows on the front which have 5 pains of glass on each.

How do you guys price up bay windows? I have to price a 3 bedroom house with 2 bay windows on the front which have 5 pains of glass on each.
Hi Gareth, I don't really have a set pricing structure. I look at the overall Job: size, number, type and size of windows and doors, access, conservatory, clutter, condition, amount of dirt, hard to reach windows, distance from other work. I do generally charge a bit more for a job with bay windows.

Sorry I can't be specific as I price the whole job as I see it overall, after doing a mental visualisation of the work and expected time involved. I don't itemise.

Two houses with exactly the same formula can be totally different in the amount of work, effort and time involved. One can be easy to get round and relatively clean. Another can be by a main road, filthy, and under seige from ornaments and plants. We have some on a main road that are always filthy with road dirt and use a tremendous amount of water and time in comparison to others not on a main road.

For me, finding the right price is largely based on experience and gut feeling.

Sorry I can't give you a definitive answer. I can only tell you how I go about pricing. Someone else may be able to give you a price as I think some do work to a set formula. ?

Look at any job. Work out how long its realistically going to take you and charge based on that. E.g. if you’ve got a hourly rate of 30 quid and you think somethings going to take 20 mins charge £15 say, as the extra 10 mins goes towards travel setting up and loading reeling in hoses etc. Also take in to account the type of windows if they are.

straightforward UPVC double glazed Relatively clean with no upstairs sills its a golden goose whereas if there are sash bars and upstairs window sills that need a thorough scrub where theyve turned green and lichen growing on them etc then you know its 3-4 times the effort of a maintenance clean, especially if a ladder is needed. Look at these photos, wfp dont have a hope in hell of cleaning stuff like this especially in this heat. Gotta be scrubbed and polished by hand

0F02B118-12C9-4A4C-80A0-04BD0B384786.jpeg

34FEB3A0-3BF2-4F87-9DC1-4EFFAAE64B1B.jpeg

FFAAA3F3-3B01-43CA-90B9-2B980550AF2F.jpeg

120C3FDF-BCFA-4579-82F1-84C8B7E05A6F.jpeg

I have a set price for each window size at every level, 

if this was ground floor and each section of 5 was a large pane on the bottom (£1) and a small one on the top (50p) that set would total £7:50 if that was repeated on the 1st floor prices go up by double, third floor triple 

if this was ground floor and each section of 5 was a large pane on the bottom (£1) and a small one on the top (50p) that set would total £7:50 if that was repeated on the 1st floor prices go up by double, third floor triple 
£22.50 Plus door for front and usually another window £?

I thought i was a Rhino ( thick skinned and knows how to charge ) you put me in the shade good on you   

If you quoted those prices in the North East your next step would be a call an ambulance for the home owner. So always take your phone with you. ?

That would mean £22.50 for a front of a house not including the front door and window above.

Surly this can not be for a regular clean.

Back