That post about waste tds

yeh cant find it, but some were wondering why if the tap tds is , say 400, and the ro gets it to 10 before di, then why isnt the waste tds 790? but it must just be that the filters are taking up a lot of the tds. My tap is 530 and the ro gets it to 14 before di, and the waste is about 830. 

Talking about using waste for gardening/plants etc, could this be unhealthy for them? certainly wouldnt wanna drink it 🤢

On 30/05/2020 at 08:56, ks789 said:

yeh cant find it, but some were wondering why if the tap tds is , say 400, and the ro gets it to 10 before di, then why isnt the waste tds 790? but it must just be that the filters are taking up a lot of the tds. My tap is 530 and the ro gets it to 14 before di, and the waste is about 830. 

Talking about using waste for gardening/plants etc, could this be unhealthy for them? certainly wouldnt wanna drink it 🤢

The water in Ipswich is terrible.

I once tested the water in and out of the prefilters and the TDS difference was virtually the same with our water supply.

Just now, spruce said:

I once tested the water in and out of the prefilters and the TDS difference was virtually the same with our water supply.

Tested mine before filling as the R/O was only getting it down to 15, it was 392ppm. Waste water is nearly 600, never had it as high. I wonder if the prefilters removing some of the particles is the reason why the waste TDS isn't double the tap TDS.

6 minutes ago, spruce said:

It is bad. I mean, it tastes ok for cuppas. But I reckon its right on the level of being legal.I think a lot of ours gets bored up from underground and gets loads of limescale.

4 minutes ago, ks789 said:

It is bad. I mean, it tastes ok for cuppas. But I reckon its right on the level of being legal.I think a lot of ours gets bored up from underground and gets loads of limescale.

report says its got the highest levels of calcium carbonate in the country. I know the kettle is always ending up with what seem like stones in it.

Lparker9983

Excuse my total lack of knowledge but how is waste TDs more than incoming water TDs? Is it as simple as its more concentrated?

My waste water is used on the garden, either directly via a longer waste pipe from the RO that I purchased or into a separate water butt to be use during later. Overall plants seem fine with it and I grow a lot of fruit,veg and flowers

1 hour ago, Lparker9983 said:

Excuse my total lack of knowledge but how is waste TDs more than incoming water TDs? Is it as simple as its more concentrated?

Your R/O is removing the impurities and they are being flushed out. If they weren't your membrane would be blocked fairly quickly.

The water that is pure has no TDS as you have removed the dirt so the waist water Tds goes up making it more concentrated if that makes sense