Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

That post about waste tds

WCF

Help Support WCF:

ks789

yeh cant find it, but some were wondering why if the tap tds is , say 400, and the ro gets it to 10 before di, then why isnt the waste tds 790? but it must just be that the filters are taking up a lot of the tds. My tap is 530 and the ro gets it to 14 before di, and the waste is about 830. 

Talking about using waste for gardening/plants etc, could this be unhealthy for them? certainly wouldnt wanna drink it ?

yeh cant find it, but some were wondering why if the tap tds is , say 400, and the ro gets it to 10 before di, then why isnt the waste tds 790? but it must just be that the filters are taking up a lot of the tds. My tap is 530 and the ro gets it to 14 before di, and the waste is about 830. 

Talking about using waste for gardening/plants etc, could this be unhealthy for them? certainly wouldnt wanna drink it ?
The water in Ipswich is terrible.

I once tested the water in and out of the prefilters and the TDS difference was virtually the same with our water supply.

I once tested the water in and out of the prefilters and the TDS difference was virtually the same with our water supply.
Tested mine before filling as the R/O was only getting it down to 15, it was 392ppm. Waste water is nearly 600, never had it as high. I wonder if the prefilters removing some of the particles is the reason why the waste TDS isn't double the tap TDS.

It is bad. I mean, it tastes ok for cuppas. But I reckon its right on the level of being legal.I think a lot of ours gets bored up from underground and gets loads of limescale.

It is bad. I mean, it tastes ok for cuppas. But I reckon its right on the level of being legal.I think a lot of ours gets bored up from underground and gets loads of limescale.
report says its got the highest levels of calcium carbonate in the country. I know the kettle is always ending up with what seem like stones in it.

My waste water is used on the garden, either directly via a longer waste pipe from the RO that I purchased or into a separate water butt to be use during later. Overall plants seem fine with it and I grow a lot of fruit,veg and flowers

Latest Posts

Back