Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Maybe a daft question, but.......

mupps

I bought my first ova8 water fed pole last week along with a backpack and the Unger Hydropower Ultra. I just wanted to know how you look after the brush head (keeping the bristles clean etc). May sound like a daft question, but I guess that the brush will pick up all kinds of nasty stuff of peoples windows/frames and I want to make sure it's in top top condition.

I bought my first ova8 water fed pole last week along with a backpack and the Unger Hydropower Ultra. I just wanted to know how you look after the brush head (keeping the bristles clean etc). May sound like a daft question, but I guess that the brush will pick up all kinds of nasty stuff of peoples windows/frames and I want to make sure it's in top top condition.
Not a daft question at all, Mupps.

It will pick up dirt, cobwebs and stuff sometimes but it's generally nothing to worry about. If you see the brush looks dirty, leave the water on and flick your open fingers across and back a few times. Now and then just pluck out the cobwebs that are stuck on the brush.

Certainly don't get stressed about it. Make sure that if put the pole against a wall or on the ground you turn the bristles away.

Not a daft question at all, Mupps.

It will pick up dirt, cobwebs and stuff sometimes but it's generally nothing to worry about. If you see the brush looks dirty, leave the water on and flick your open fingers across and back a few times. Now and then just pluck out the cobwebs that are stuck on the brush.

Certainly don't get stressed about it. Make sure that if put the pole against a wall or on the ground you turn the bristles away.
Thanks for the reply Davy G. 

Depending what type of brush you have will depend how easy it will be to clean It ,if it’s flocked it will hold the dirt and be more difficult to wash it out as the ends of the bristles are smashed bit like Velcro hooks , if it’s a mono brush with straight bristles this will let the dirt slide down and off the bristles if that makes sense , we always get the garden hose and starting at the stock of the brush with a narrow hose nozzle blast the dirt down the bristles and off the brush with a flocked brush do the same and just pick the bits out with your fingers .

Last edited by a moderator:
Theres no such thing as a daft question on here.

I personally use a designated clean new dustpan brush as my pole brush cleaner along with a clean debris free rinse off bucket I keep on the van to clean it off the pole. Sometimes use a very mild cold water bleach solution to keep it white every few weeks. Check the bristle composition first though 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back