Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Low water pressure

potteries

Hi.

I have recently moved house and now live in Dublin and find the water pressure from the house is not strong enough due to low psi,which means i cant fill the water tank through the filter system on the van.I am told by plumbers that a mains water boost pump is illegal to install.

Question,does anyone have any suggestions,thanks.

Hi.

I have recently moved house and now live in Dublin and find the water pressure from the house is not strong enough due to low psi,which means i cant fill the water tank through the filter system on the van.I am told by plumbers that a mains water boost pump is illegal to install.

Question,does anyone have any suggestions,thanks.
Is it illegal to fit a shower booster pump in Dublin? I don't know what the regulations are there.

In the UK you are not allowed to draw more than 12lpm of water from the main supply line. If you do you need to fit a break tank (don't go there.) This doesn't mean that your supply will be less than 12lpm. You have to measure it. Our water pressure is 50psi and we get 13lpm from the mains at that pressure.

During water production a 4040 will draw at most 9 liters per minute under the most extreme conditions. This would be within UK regulations. However, you wouldn't flush a 4040 on boost as it would possibly drawn more than 12lpm from the supply.

Maybe the plumber misunderstood your question. It could well be illegal to fit a mains booster pump for the house but fitted to an r/o it wouldn't be illegal in the UK.

Last edited by a moderator:
I would check that with irish water. I've been in a few dublin homes where there is quite audibly a booster pump, but there may be regulations that I'm missing (possibly needing a break tank). Anyway, a booster pump after tap is not off mains. Are you north or south Dublin? South dublin is soft water, north is hard.

Back