Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Backpack or Trolley. Are these any good?

Azz1

HI all. Just came across these 2 different cleaning style equipment. What's your thoughts? I know they might not be the best but just as a general start up for reach and wash. Thanks ? Is the brush too big please?

Screenshot_20200530-215843.png

Screenshot_20200530-215947.png

IMO Gardiner are best for poles & backpack. I'd recommend Pure Freedom for a trolley.

The other alternative is to buy a backpack and attach it to a trolley (from B&Q or somewhere) with bungee straps.

I use backpacks and honestly have gone full circle on them, always wanted a system but actually backpack on a trolly is fine. I've had the big boy from facelift and it's ok but overpriced think its 140s with vat. Could just be because I knocked the ass out of mine but I feel my gardener one has a higher flow rate 

Last edited by a moderator:
I've used a PF trolley for 13 years. It is a great bit of kit. Rather expensive admittedly but this is largely down to the electronics used in it. Three years ago I fitted it out with backpack innards. The pump fits straight on without having to re-drill holes. I removed the big box and battery and just strapped on the small 7ah battery with a small luggage strap. You could use a backpack controller if you wish but I use the simple PWM flow controller from my original trolley and a 40a auto relay to control the pump. With the above, and pneumatic tyres it's just about half the weight of the original setup and much nicer to use. 

@Marko067.  I think your the man @Pjj he was asking about a hose reel on a trolley or something, I think it’s you that posted a photo of your trolley, with a hose reel on, I can’t remember his question now though?

@Marko067.  I think your the man @Pjj he was asking about a hose reel on a trolley or something, I think it’s you that posted a photo of your trolley, with a hose reel on, I can’t remember his question now though?
Yes that was in another post.  I have decided to just wrap the hose around the trolly handles like last time , I must say this new trolly is very good just been trying it out around my house the flow can be adjusted from 0-12:5 ltr per muinit it’s very good Ime looking forward   to trying it out in some softwashing jobs in the next couple of weeks 

3CD47CC8-0BA5-4F5C-BAB7-B4B65024775B.jpeg

I've never used a reel on my trolley. I think Den did and one or two others. Almost all of my work is in blocks of houses so I don't have to reel in and out often.  I find it easier to hand coil my hoses. I carry three different lengths and choose the length based on the work I'm going to be doing. My most used length is 18m. I also have a 10m and a 25m length. 

Yes that was in another post.  I have decided to just wrap the hose around the trolly handles like last time , I must say this new trolly is very good just been trying it out around my house the flow can be adjusted from 0-12:5 ltr per muinit it’s very good Ime looking forward   to trying it out in some softwashing jobs in the next couple of weeks 

View attachment 20698
Pump go to 12litres per min? Did you make your own pump box, as I keep looking at soft wash technology for 12v pumps that have higher litres per min for biocides

I've never used a reel on my trolley. I think Den did and one or two others. Almost all of my work is in blocks of houses so I don't have to reel in and out often.  I find it easier to hand coil my hoses. I carry three different lengths and choose the length based on the work I'm going to be doing. My most used length is 18m. I also have a 10m and a 25m length. 
Very lightweight reel with polehose does make the trolley a little on the heavy side my son used this before I converted van to a two man set up. 

5261DB49-062E-419C-A98A-C05EDA9CE9B8.jpeg

Pump go to 12litres per min? Did you make your own pump box, as I keep looking at soft wash technology for 12v pumps that have higher litres per min for biocides
I was going to make my own  but never seam to have the time so bought the warrior warlord , it’s a full chemical pump 0-12.5 ltr per muinit  and I like the fact for softwashing you can just line the barrels up and go from one to the next , the pump is obviously more powerful than a back pack as well so you can cover bigger areas quicker with more product , have to say it’s an impressive piece of kit . 

At least it’s got sorted then. 
Good idea Marko. 
We had a trolley system but the pure freedom are good quality but heavy. We have sold ours now though with having a van system. 

No I bought it google warrior trolleys they do  several different ones , the flow rate is fine for window cleaning not that I will be using it for  that , I wanted it for spraying gfs with Virosol and commercial buildings , soft washing and bio application the pump flow is adjustable from 0-12:5 ltr per muinit ,have to say Ime very happy with it and about to order two more one for each van , the guys have all had a go with it and love it . 

I had a look at it, looks fine n dandy. Food for thought. Good that it's all one unit,instead of making it up yourself
I like the fact you can have barrels of mix lined up and just put the pic up tube from one to the next no re filling a back pack,  if Part way through a job you want to change chemical it’s dead easy just change the barrel over , so much quicker and easier and the option to have much higher flow rate  . 

I used to have the daqua trolley,same idea,barrel off/on quick change,but quite a heavy beast. to lift, without barrel on. I still have it,but used pump n controller for van system.

I used to have the daqua trolley,same idea,barrel off/on quick change,but quite a heavy beast. to lift, without barrel on. I still have it,but used pump n controller for van system.
Yes totally agree we only use the trolly for plastic cleans and soft washing have 1000 ltr  hot systems in the vans for windows ???

Back