Best bit of equipment you have bought for under £50?

Thought this would be a good topic.

Is there anything you have bought that's reasonably priced that you now wouldnt be able to do without or wish you had got sooner? Anything to make the job quicker, safer, easier?

May help us noobies out!

scottish cleaning service

Ettore contour pro plus handle and the 14" liquidator blade. Saved me lots of time on the glass because i didn't need to detail.

12 minutes ago, Pjj said:

Hose less set up on poles saves so much time 

The exceed hoseless cost me over £100 as i bought the triple pack. The spare one came in handy for using the backpack with the pole. 😉

After 6 years in the job i recently got a ladder stand off (£25) ladder arm to hang a bucket on (£16) and a gutter cleaning attachment (£6) for the end of a pole, cleaning gutters out now takes literally a fraction of the time and is a dream, just wish I got the stuff sooner! 😅

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, danzlfc said:

After 6 years in the job i recently got a ladder stand off (£25) ladder arm to hang a bucket on (£16) and a gutter cleaning attachment (£6) for the end of a pole, cleaning gutters out now takes literally a fraction of the time and is a dream, just wish I got the stuff sooner! 😅

Ladder limb, I have 3 of them, wish I thought it up.

23 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

The exceed hoseless cost me over £100 as i bought the triple pack. The spare one came in handy for using the backpack with the pole. 😉

I bought one kit then examined it and made my own for all my other poles 😂😂😂 

• Haha 1
steve garwood

Thought this would of already been mentioned, especially by a certain 3 above that are on here 24/7 😘, but I’m nominating the univalve 👍👨‍🦰

8 minutes ago, steve garwood said:

Thought this would of already been mentioned, especially by a certain 3 above that are on here 24/7 😘, but I’m nominating the univalve 👍👨‍🦰

I dont like univalves I bought one it lasted a few months and broke , at £30 a go it would cost me £540 to put them on most of my poles , I prefer to kink the hose , I do  accept we waist a bit of water extending the poles but estimate it’s probably 5-10 ltr per day at worst so no big deal , also it’s something else to go wrong and break .

Not particularly purchases more subscriptions- 

Squeegee app and GoCardless 

Agree with all of the above ladder stand with the V was a great buy 

RWCleaning

Yeh univalve for me. Spray nozzle from Rutland pumps for £30 as well, use it a fair bit and like it, and should last 10 years? 

• Like 1
windowsurfer
2 hours ago, scottish cleaning service said:

I use a john guest fitting, so I can change poles easily

Univalve is great bit of kit

Master Jedi Alejandro
3 hours ago, steve garwood said:

Second this, univalve great bit of kit under £50! 

If we were doing under £100 it would be my Squeegee App subscription!

10 hours ago, Pjj said:

I dont like univalves I bought one it lasted a few months and broke , at £30 a go it would cost me £540 to put them on most of my poles , I prefer to kink the hose , I do  accept we waist a bit of water extending the poles but estimate it’s probably 5-10 ltr per day at worst so no big deal , also it’s something else to go wrong and break .

That's the reason you need a 1000l tank, wasting pure. Try the univalve again and I'm sure you will be on to a winner. 😉

36 minutes ago, scottish cleaning service said:

That's the reason you need a 1000l tank, wasting pure. Try the univalve again and I'm sure you will be on to a winner. 😉

No thanks it’s not for us , loosing 5-10 ltr per day is neither hear or there and far cheaper than £540 for something that lasted only a few months 

Round Tracker v4 PRO. A spreadsheet package based on Microsoft Excel for scheduling, invoicing, expenses etc... A one-off cost of £37 a few years back but now £29. Perhaps a bit "old fashioned" these days but much more efficient than a diary and much cheaper than any of the other scheduling software for which you pay a monthly fee. Ideal for sole traders. Must have saved me £s.

https://www.windowcleaningresources.co.uk/products-for-window-cleaners/software-for-window-cleaners/

• Agree 1

I purchased the lightest Gardiner brush on the market as I was getting repetitive strain and waking up with pins and needles gradually got better and I’m free from any issue now so money well spent for Me.