Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

First trip in new van

Potta81

Morning guys,

it’s my first day in my van today, I went to the petrol station at Sainsbury’s to fill up just. Been going there 13years previously but in my car with ladders on top. First 5min out the house in my van all signed up & the woman serving me asked me to do her windows. Sign writing doing it’s job already, hope it leads to bigger things. Happy days ?

Morning guys,

it’s my first day in my van today, I went to the petrol station at Sainsbury’s to fill up just. Been going there 13years previously but in my car with ladders on top. First 5min out the house in my van all signed up & the woman serving me asked me to do her windows. Sign writing doing it’s job already, hope it leads to bigger things. Happy days ?
In my opinion a good sign written van will pay for its self in no time , hope it goes ok , you will be much quicker with a van and system as well . 

Morning guys,

C'mon - we all want to see a picture of your van now! ?

In my opinion a good sign written van will pay for its self in no time , hope it goes ok , you will be much quicker with a van and system as well . 
Systems not in yet, we’re having a side extension on the house so I’m losing my garage for a couple of months so once it’s done I’ll be getting my Wfp equipment. Naffin planning permission could delay everything further but I’m getting there, just slowly ?

Looks good! Can see who you are, what you do and a contact number in the time it takes to drive past. Which is exactlyt what you need.

That looks decent mate, what years your van? 

Cant beat a tranny van ?
2012 mate, it’s all I could afford, the rest of my cash is going on a system & purification etc. My mechanic says it’s the best condition he’s seen for the year. I didn’t rush buying one, just waited til a clean one popped up.

Looks really good mate. When I had my old van sign written I noticed how many more walk ups I got. I think for people who are thinking about coming over to ask for a quote etc it really convinces them to come over.

Looks really good mate. When I had my old van sign written I noticed how many more walk ups I got. I think for people who are thinking about coming over to ask for a quote etc it really convinces them to come over.
Cheers fella. I agree, I don’t actually need more work tbh but I had another 2 new calls today. When I go wfp in a few months im going it alone so I’m going to keep my best work & try & sell the rest. There’s 2 of us at the moment & we can’t keep up with it. I used to be every 4 weeks on the dot but it takes me 5/6 weeks to get round to everyone now. I just pick & choose with new work tho. If it looks a nightmare I just say I’m too busy atm. 

2012 mate, it’s all I could afford, the rest of my cash is going on a system & purification etc. My mechanic says it’s the best condition he’s seen for the year. I didn’t rush buying one, just waited til a clean one popped up.
I got two x 2012 transits and there sh*t mate , i have also 2x 2004 and a 2006 one

Mk7 transits are terrible compares to the MK6s

The Mk6 are more cheaper to run and repair 

Good luck with the new tranny 

Ahh the jealousy of someone who can only be a shoe model because they struggle to get you all in in one shot without having to stand the other side of the road this was your last shoot wasn't it 

View attachment 20717
Think that's the type of Tranny @steve garwood runs round with, especially when he's wearing his ginger wig ?

Ahh the jealousy of someone who can only be a shoe model because they struggle to get you all in in one shot without having to stand the other side of the road this was your last shoot wasn't it 

View attachment 20717
Reminds me of Corporal Klinger in Mash years ago. Always wore womens clothing to pretend he was crazy to get discharged from US army during the Korean War. He was the most masculine and sane character on the program. ?

Back