Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Help Newbie Pricing golf club

Neil Leen

Hi All
Have been following the forum and found It very helpful as a newbie to window cleaning  

Based on North London.Just started a few weeks back with Wfp (haven’t even tried trad) and need help on pricing of a golf club For a regular monthly clean. Photos are of front,back and sides.
They want a quote for external and internal Windows. 
Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

D93F895D-5465-4D3C-9F22-00FE76913BEC.jpeg

FE44AFD3-8C78-4AD2-B75A-745C039DB2D8.jpeg

380122B3-4461-4FB2-A65B-A53567649712.jpeg

E2E897CF-80EA-4EB3-AA95-E04B50F5999C.jpeg

I think the internal access is fine but would they have to be done trad? Or just use a spray and cloth. I haven’t attempted trad as of yet. 

1.5 hrs for all the external windows.  Wow. I was thinking 3 hrs for me. The way I look at it is it takes me as long as I need until I get faster. What would the price be  for external only?

Also they haven’t been done since March due to corona. So are a bit dusty. Would it be extra for first clean?

Please tell me you arnt going to be trying to clean this with a back pack ?. It’s a nice little job but for Someone just starting out it’s a big job , if you have never done trad you will have a very sharp learning curve doing that inside I reckon it will take you a day just doing internal . I would allow  4 hours in and out for two experienced people to do that job , first clean might take a bit longer if it’s bad . 

That looks a bit bigger then the first photos but shouldn't be 3 hours. You really need to learn to trad as a spray and cloth would take you many hours.

Pricing is hard to say but for London I would think circa £150 - £200 for external, probably £100 where I live, but very hard to judge time on just photos.

YES I’ve got a Gardiner backpack and slx 27. 
I’ve got a van with a 350 ltr tank(buy water) and several 25 ltr drums if needed. Haven’t connected tank directly yet(just filling drums  and using trolley) 

Job is 10 minutes drive so very keen to get it.

Greater London few miles inside m25

If I could get a trad guy to do internal, what would he charge? Same price internal as external?

YES I’ve got a Gardiner backpack and slx 27. 
I’ve got a van with a 350 ltr tank(buy water) and several 25 ltr drums if needed. Haven’t connected tank directly yet(just filling drums  and using trolley) 

Job is 10 minutes drive so very keen to get it.

Greater London few miles inside m25

If I could get a trad guy to do internal, what would he charge? Same price internal as external?
One of the other big(and I mean big) problems with this is going to be people. These photos were obviously taken in the lockdown. No matter what time you get there, there will always be a crowd who got there before you.

Where's the backpack come from? Wouldn't even try to clean that with just a backpack unless you trad the decking and ground floor windows you'd be constantly topping up. Still think external is 2 hours tops with the right equipment. Wouldn't advise anything time wise without seeing access and you not being able to trad. I doubt they want all internals doing, probably the lounge / decking area only.

Yes part timer
excellent point 

that sounds sensible as it’s the part that customers use( lounge / decking area is where would be most important. sitting there looking out on the course.

Sorry part timer

didn’t reply to backpack question 

As a newbie,when looking at forum it advised Backpack when starting to see how it goes and it has gone well.  On the limited amount of jobs I’ve done there is limited parking mostly and I would defo need to use backpack fairly regular Even when getting all connected to tank directly 

Internal clean can take twice the time of external with wfp. £150 for outside, £250 inside.
Thanks for the offer Moto. 
I need to learn trad for jobs like this   
But I would like to do it on my own as going forward I need to Capable!

I wouldn’t mind paying you to come along and do the rear windows On the inside of the decking area At a very good rate on the day if I Actually get the job  

Where's the backpack come from? Wouldn't even try to clean that with just a backpack unless you trad the decking and ground floor windows you'd be constantly topping up. Still think external is 2 hours tops with the right equipment. Wouldn't advise anything time wise without seeing access and you not being able to trad. I doubt they want all internals doing, probably the lounge / decking area only.
If there are people about even at an early hour having a running hose from a van could be a trip hazard from a risk management viewpoint. So a backpack would solve that problem but I would hate to lug barrels of pure around to feed the backpack.

Warning signage is also going to be important with this job.

Have they asked you to provide a risk and method statement yet @Neil Leen?

Last edited by a moderator:
If there are people about even at an early hour having a running hose from a van could be a trip hazard from a risk management viewpoint.

Trip hazard cone at the top of the bank and at the bottom of steps, same other side, plus a sign on entry would cover this. I doubt the lounge area will be open much before 9 so doing the decking should be first job. During the week, unless there is a golf day organised, most courses are quiet till 9ish.

If there are people about even at an early hour having a running hose from a van could be a trip hazard from a risk management viewpoint. So a backpack would solve that problem but I would hate to lug barrels of pure around to feed the backpack.

Have they asked you to provide a risk and method statement yet @Neil Leen?
Haven’t asked for any Rams. Is there a generic rams suitable for window cleaning that I could use?

Back