Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Pure freedom hose issue

Ana

Got a PF hose reel a while back, I love it such a great upgrade from the claber plastic thing I had before, plenty of weight and far more length. I have a hose guide to help bring the hose back in and out pretty well but I'm still having a issue.

basically, when I reel the hose out from the van it can jump over the sides of the reel, it's such a pain. It's like there's 10-20 meters of extra hose on this reel and it can't quite fit on the reel properly. I try and keep it tense when bring it back in and taking it out but it simply "jumps" off and snags the entire reel. The reel is mounted on a MDF board right now but I'm going screw it to a better bit of wood this weekend as the MDf has expanded and isn't fit for purpose.

any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated as it would save me time, effort and a fair few curse words! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a PF hose reel a while back, I love it such a great upgrade from the claber plastic thing I had before, plenty of weight and far more length. I have a hose guide to help bring the hose back in and out pretty well but I'm still having a issue.

basically, when I reel the hose out from the van it can jump over the sides of the reel, it's such a pain. It's like there's 10-20 meters of extra hose on this reel and it can't quite fit on the reel properly. I try and keep it tense when bring it back in and taking it out but it simply "jumps" off and snags the entire reel. The reel is mounted on a MDF board right now but I'm going screw it to a better bit of wood this weekend as the MDf has expanded and isn't fit for purpose.

any solutions or advice would be greatly appreciated as it would save me time, effort and a fair few curse words! 
Hi Ana, it could be the way you're spooling it back on the reel. Are you just spooling it on any old way? This will take up more room on the reel and can cause it to overfill. I had the this problem in my early days. I fairly quickly learned that if I spooled it on neatly, each wind alongside its predecessor and with a little bit of tension it would fit much better on the reel. Prior to this I was getting the occasional spill over the side and on a few occasions a "birdsnest", where a coil has got trapped under another one or two.  A couple of times it was so bad I had to empty the reel and start again.

Please let us know if this helps. Davy ?

Hi Ana, it could be the way you're spooling it back on the reel. Are you just spooling it on any old way? This will take up more room on the reel and can cause it to overfill. I had the this problem in my early days. I fairly quickly learned that if I spooled it on neatly, each wind alongside its predecessor and with a little bit of tension it would fit much better on the reel. Prior to this I was getting the occasional spill over the side and on a few occasions a "birdsnest", where a coil has got trapped under another one or two.  A couple of times it was so bad I had to empty the reel and start again.

Please let us know if this helps. Davy ?
I've tried spolling it fast, slow, neat and random. Seems to be better when pulled in at a decent pace, not to fast or slow just constant. As for the bird nest syndrome in know what you mean, it's had a few of those too. I try and guide the hose in best I can really but it's tough @Davy G I do however try best I can  

I've tried spolling it fast, slow, neat and random. Seems to be better when pulled in at a decent pace, not to fast or slow just constant. As for the bird nest syndrome in know what you mean, it's had a few of those too. I try and guide the hose in best I can really but it's tough @Davy G I do however try best I can  
Hopefully you'll find it will just come right almost without you thinking about it. ?

Back