Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Gardiner scraper tool

WCF

Help Support WCF:

Jango

Today I have had loads of bird muck to get off, I am not keen on keeping the Gardiner scraper on the pole all the time. I use cold water. So what is the best tool for stubborn bird muck. The scraper with the sponge thing on. Or without, or is bronze wool pad better. I don’t want to scratch the glass either, some have mentioned they have. So what do you recommend? 

Last edited by a moderator:
I just use the bare Gardiner scraper, tend to wet and scrub the bad ones before starting to clean and then go back to them. Only the ones in the really awkward places take anytime to clear.
Ok thank you, do you wet it and use it very lightly, I’ve never used it before, thought it may scratch

Without tempting fate I've never scratched any glass. Even cleaning baked seagull ? off, and there's bones in theirs.

Wet and scrub to get the easy stuff off, scrub a bit more then go back to it and repeat. Only use scraper when  it isn't shifting. I've used edge of brush before, they're relatively soft plastic so as long as you're reasonably careful you should be ok.

Without tempting fate I've never scratched any glass. Even cleaning baked seagull ? off, and there's bones in theirs.

Wet and scrub to get the easy stuff off, scrub a bit more then go back to it and repeat. Only use scraper when  it isn't shifting. I've used edge of brush before, they're relatively soft plastic so as long as you're reasonably careful you should be ok.
Very descriptive part timer?. Yes that’s what I’ve been doing all day today, got arm ache though, so just thought is there an easier way. Thanks for info. 

Back