Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Inside Windows, Pricing

Elite Aqua Cleaning

Been looking through the earnings & quotes recently and I think I have been charging too little for cleaning inside windows, obviously I haven't been doing any insides during lockdown! But I have a decent amount of inside work and typically charge around 30% of the outside price for the insides. Maybe the reason I have so many inside jobs is because I'm doing it on the cheap ? What percentage of the outsides are you guys typically charging for the insides? I have a feeling I have massively messed this one up lol.

We do some jobs at the same price as we have a few pubs that have less internal windows. We have a big internal clean only that we get £210 for and would happily do outside for £100. No internal jobs pay less then outside.

We charge double for  insides , but since covid 19 I have decided we won’t do  them any more ,I and staff hate them with a passion , only internals we will be doing from now on are hotel and nursing home, care home ,apartment blocks ,communal areas , and we will only do them because it’s part of the contract .

I clean lots of internal windows, many of my customers ask for inside and outside window cleaning. This seems to be the norm here in the west of Ireland. 
I Charge the same price for both... a €30 outside only would be €60 inside and out, makes it easy to work out and I don’t find they take much longer as long as they clear the sills. 

I always charged 2x the external cost so a £20 Job would be £40 so £60 total including internals, then I stopped doing them all together due to time constraints and just not being worth the faff for the money. 

I always charged 2x the external cos
That's my rule of thumb - but I reckon they take more like 3/4x times as the insides rarely (once every few years) get done so most of the mess is 'baked on' and fairly even spread around the window. Plus you're using different tools which are slower and you have to take much more care, which slows you down. Plus you have nowhere to 'hide' (doing both sides of he glass) so can get a little 'perfectionist' about it which takes far longer -  So x2 min (if it's an existing custy and don't want them straying to a rival , x3 if not keen on the work, x4 if I don't want the work but they are a custy) I always explain the pricing rationale so the custy can understand why it's not the same as the outside - as it's not the same 'job'

But think we all agree insides are not 'enjoyable'

Elite if you only charge a 30% premium - I hope you enjoy doing them - you'll be doing lots more of them at those rates ? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Been looking through the earnings & quotes recently and I think I have been charging too little for cleaning inside windows, obviously I haven't been doing any insides during lockdown! But I have a decent amount of inside work and typically charge around 30% of the outside price for the insides. Maybe the reason I have so many inside jobs is because I'm doing it on the cheap ? What percentage of the outsides are you guys typically charging for the insides? I have a feeling I have massively messed this one up lol.
You must be running around like a headless chicken to make a decent days money...30% of the outside price to clean inside windows?

I wouldn't even clean inside windows for double the outside price these days....I dont offer this service anymore and haven't for a few years now....I've always hated going inside customers houses so I dont anymore....the only exception is I'll clean the odd elderly customers inside kitchen window on request,that's it.....?

If any customer asks me to clean insides I just tell them to ask their domestic house cleaners!its not a service I offer anymore(same as gutter clearing).......

I read it that he only charges 30% of what he charges for the outside, not a premium.
?? I just assumed op's was a typo - I hope that's the case -  offering a 70% discount  to do insides ?!! :delusional:

Last edited by a moderator:
Like many I try to avoid doing interiors but when we do it has to be at a premium price because it will take longer, double is probably right.

I charge the outside price, And tend to do just a few usually coming up to Xmas. When I started thought I would charge twice the outside price due to moving round ornaments etc but never did. But prefer to avoid if possible.

Back