Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

GARDINERS BACKPACK PROBLEM

ppads52

hope everyone is well.

my backpack pressure drops while using it to just a trickle, then after a few minutes the pressure goes back to normal.

has anyone had a similar problem? dont know if its a pump or battery problem, or what to do if it is.

any ideas please chaps?

hope everyone is well.

my backpack pressure drops while using it to just a trickle, then after a few minutes the pressure goes back to normal.

has anyone had a similar problem? dont know if its a pump or battery problem, or what to do if it is.

any ideas please chaps?
Ime sure @Alex Gardiner would be able to offer some advice 

hope everyone is well.

any ideas please chaps?
Some things to check - as has been said - is the internal filter clogged?

If not - then it will most probably be either a wiring issue or a pump issue.

Wiring - check for any loose connection or wiring breaks.

Pump - if no wiring breaks then it may be the pump. It would be worth spraying the pressure switch (top box part of pump) with some Servisol electrical lubricant and also the pump itself.

If this does not sort it and it is within warranty then give our team a call and they can assist further.

Some things to check - as has been said - is the internal filter clogged?

If not - then it will most probably be either a wiring issue or a pump issue.

Wiring - check for any loose connection or wiring breaks.

Pump - if no wiring breaks then it may be the pump. It would be worth spraying the pressure switch (top box part of pump) with some Servisol electrical lubricant and also the pump itself.

If this does not sort it and it is within warranty then give our team a call and they can assist further.
wiring looked ok, so i changed the pump, now its not working at all lol.

im not very good with fixing things, ive tried to purchase another one but theres none to get.

any ideas when youve got more stock please?

wiring looked ok, so i changed the pump, now its not working at all lol.

im not very good with fixing things, ive tried to purchase another one but theres none to get.

any ideas when youve got more stock please?
Hi ppads52

From bad to worse ? - it may be worth connecting the pump directly to the battery terminals to see if your new pump is working if so you can then work from there.

The backpacks are back in stock Mid-July.

Have you tried bleeding the air out? I think gardiner supply them with a one way valve on the outlet. Remove that, so it’s just a bare hose and try it. Suck it til water comes through good.

Could also be pulling air in before the pump, check for splits in hose and that jubilee clip is good.

If the filter has failed and let some **** in, you can clean the pump out. Reply if you want me to talk you through it.

Good luck!

Hi ppads52

From bad to worse ? - it may be worth connecting the pump directly to the battery terminals to see if your new pump is working if so you can then work from there.

The backpacks are back in stock Mid-July.
ive put a brand new pump in and fully charged the backpack, its working now. time will tell if the pump is up to much, its a cheapy off ebay

Latest Posts

Back