Welcome to the UK Window Cleaning Forums

Starting or own a window cleaning business? We're a network of window cleaners sharing advice, tips & experience. Rounds for sale & more. Join us today!

Making poles tubeless

HWCS

Whats the pros and cons of converting my poles to tubeless and how hard/expensive is it to do & where is the best place to get the bits?

Whats the pros and cons of converting my poles to tubeless and how hard/expensive is it to do & where is the best place to get the bits?
It’s easy to do , if you buy the official kits it will cost around £45 per pole , I make my own up and it costs me around £5 per pole . Just look at how it’s done then buy the bungs to reduce the pole internal diameter to pole hose size , I buy fittings from a farm pump supply shop where I live and it takes about 15 muinits  to do 

The pros are no mess in your van, with all the pole hoses hanging around,  they are very easy to fit.

The cons are as i see it . the ejector sleeve seems to break to easy for my liking.

Got all my bits from Exceed innovations but im sure there are other sources.

Agree with Cleanteam south west, easy enough to fit and do a great job of keeping the van tidy but the plastic ejector sleeves do seem quite brittle, had to replace mine a couple times already and due another change as its cracked again, be much better if they were made of more robust material.

The pros are no mess in your van, with all the pole hoses hanging around,  they are very easy to fit.

The cons are as i see it . the ejector sleeve seems to break to easy for my liking.

Got all my bits from Exceed innovations but im sure there are other sources.
Totally agree those ejector sleeves are great but far too brittle. They need to be a different plastic. I've found wrapping a bit of gorilla tape round them makes them last much longer. 

Just a thought but if the ejector sleeve cuffs are **** can they not be replaced with a pressure washer hose cuff, they are rubber.

No, because they need to fit precisely on the rectus fitting and up inside the pole. 

I make up my own with a John guest pipe insert, a wrap of electrical tape, a handily sized washer and a few inches of 1/2 hose.

No, because they need to fit precisely on the rectus fitting and up inside the pole. 

I make up my own with a John guest pipe insert, a wrap of electrical tape, a handily sized washer and a few inches of 1/2 hose.
Couls i be cheeky and ask you to post a cpl of pics

Agree with Cleanteam south west, easy enough to fit and do a great job of keeping the van tidy but the plastic ejector sleeves do seem quite brittle, had to replace mine a couple times already and due another change as its cracked again, be much better if they were made of more robust material.
Lol what are you doing with them I have them on ten hose reels and have only ever replaced one as a member of staff drove over it , we have still got and use the original ones from when they were released 

I don't bother with the hassle of the exceed ejector sleeve I just fit the rectus fitting with so much pole hose sticking out of the bottom of the pole. 

Can anyone tell me what size pole bung I need in order to convert the rest of my poles to tubeless please, I know I can but them from exceed but they are £5 each as opposed to about £2 for a pack of 10 on ebay .

Cheers 

I originally bought the exceed kits but-

the pole bungs are brittle and i broke several very easily.

the ejector sleeve were no use to me as i connect directly to my micro-bore reel hose and that is what goes up inside my pole, cant stand pole hose kinking and twisting and splitting all the time, tried them all, all ****.

the only useful part is the hose stay, but an o-ring works almost as well, just a bit harder to adjust when it slips up the tube.

the john guest pipe inserts are a couple of quid for a pack of 5 from wickes, wrap one with electrical tape until it is a snug fit in section 1 of your pole.

The washers are a little more difficult to find, i happened to have a bunch the perfect size they're around 22mm with an 11mm hole, then a double ear o-ring holds it all in place.

pull it all snug up into the base then use either a hose stay or an o-ring to keep it all fitted.

i don't fit a spacer so the male fitting is right at the base of the pole meaning there is no need for an ejector sleeve, you just need to be careful not to bung it up with dirt if you stand it on the ground. A piece of 1/2 hose warmed up stretches snuggly over a female rectus fitting, you can cut it with a tail to make it easier to pull off, but i just find it helps protect them for a longer life.

IMG_1197.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here you are bud this thread has one way of doing it, there's a couple of ways of doing it aswell as using the exceed kit which I did originally. 

Back